a bit confused ???

Marianne

Reaction score
I've just been looking through my maternity notes folder, when I saw my midwife on 14.1.11 on my notes she has written;

Presenting part-cephalic
Fifths palpable-free

and I cant read what she has wrote for the fetal lie/position

Anyway, at that appointment she sent me up to my maternity unit to get seen to make sure my waters hadnt broken as I was having a few things happen.I have looked at the sheet from the hospital and on it they have;

Fundal Height-37
Presenting Part-cephalic
Relationship to brim-4/5

I'm totally confused as to what all this means as i've been told fifths palpable is the same as relationship to brim, so why the same day has my midwife got me as fifths palpable-free and the maternity unit got me as presenting part-4/5 ????

Anyone clued up on this to tell me exactly what this stuff means and if my baby is engaged or not, etc ??

I'm honestly baffled !:wall2:

Fraid to say that means not engaged. Engaged is 1/5. 4/5 would be hardly engaged at all as most of the babies head was felt. X

Yeah, 4/5 means that baby is just entering the pelvis...5/5 is "free" from pelvis. Fundal height means the measurement your uterus is... So your measuring at 37 weeks pregnant. Cephalic means head down.

Last edited:
okies, maybe all the pains i've been having is just the baby maybe engaging? I see midwife today at 3.45pm, so guess i'll find out then x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back