Confused and feeling sad

mermaid

Reaction score
When I found out I was pg, I was embarking upon my new career having just finished uni and had been having interviews just days before. The + test was a big shock and my life literally changed in seconds!

I have got used to the idea now but I've recently started to miss my potential career and I'm so worried that when the baby arrives, things won't be the same anymore. I'd like to think I can apply for jobs next year but I'm scared it won't happen for whatever reason. Can any of you girls relate to this? I feel pretty crap for thinking like this. :(

Don't be too hard on yourself. You're right to be realistic and think it may not happen next year, although there's every chance you'll feel ready to embark on something new.

There's always the year after, or after that. Most people have several careers (I've changed twice at by the age of 30) so don't feel rushed or pressured.

Becoming a mum is a BIG role, get your teeth into it, the rest will follow.

Good Luck xx

Forgot to say, my last career change to tutor happened just 4 weeks before I got my surprise + test! I know how you feel xx

Thanks LittleMinx! I private tutor now funnily enough! What kind of tutoring do you do?

Hiya, i can sort of relate to that, when i got pregnant i was half way through my nurse training and it was also a big shock! although ive got back to my training now, its so hard fitting in hours with childcare etc especially if im doing 12.5 hour shifts. My main aim in life before i had jamie was to get a good career ,good money etc but now im thinking i would be just as happy in a part time job working opposite hours to my partner and get to see my baby as often as i can!
Life certainly does change, but that doesnt mean you wont get a good career etc. Just means you have to juggle things around a bit more!!
Good luck hun im sure you will be fine! :)

I'm a whole person growth tutor and life coach, working with young people in the employment sector.

I was in retail management since uni, but found it so unfulfilling, and was so shocked at the basic and social skill levels of teenagers coming into the job market I decided I wanted to help them.

It was such an exciting change that I found my pregnancy hard to come to terms with for a long time, but am a bit of fatalist and reckon all these things happen for a reason!

Think of all the wisdom being a mum brings and how we can use that in every aspect of life, it's so exciting! :)

When I found out I was pg with Lydia I was halfway through the first year of uni studying French/TESOL....

I was devastated. Because I was doing French, it would have meant spending a year in France as part of the course....which immediately became an impossibility.

Anyway I finished the year, and then took a year off, and now I'm going back to uni in September to do Classics from scratch, with French as an elective to keep it up a bit.
Who knows, maybe one day I'll be able to do my French degree, but for now Lydia comes first. I'm pretty gutted about it, because I wanted to do French soooo much and have a career using French, maybe as a teacher or translator or something, but I'm havign to settle for Classics. But God gave me Lydia for a reason, and she is the most important thing. You make sacrifices for your children, and although thinks look bleak sometimes, there are always new opportunities that come along.

Don't worry, I'm sure everything will work out for you hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back