• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

concerned about Harley, but they wont listen

Dee1985

Reaction score
im so fed up.i realy realy do hate most doctors!!!
Harley had dry cough yesterday he coughed so bad he couldn catch his breath and went blue, i called nhs helpline the helth adviser was lovely she seemed concerned and said you dont waist time with premiture babies and take him to walk in centre, i took him doc said
"nothing to worry about maybe his milk goes down the wrong way and causes him to cough"
i told him Harley has a few lil spots on his belly, he didnt even look and sent me home with nothing!
Harley hasnt eaten since yesterday morning as the whole feed keeps coming up.his cough was so bad last night he didnt sleep and worst of all he is covered in a rash????
i called my doctors to get a appointment to take him down today but was told they are booked up all week???
i kicked off a fuss and finaly got a appointment for today at 4pm

im so concerend about him he is over a month old but was only due yesterday i think his health should be taken more serious!

any one else newborn had a cough and rash before?

Hi Dionne

I haven't had experience of a cough and rash (maybe it's a virus??) but I have had plenty of experience of doctors not listening. I took Zara to A&E once and saw the paediatric team there. If you are concerned this evening after seeing the doctor just take him straight there. They'll be brilliant with a newborn. If you're really worried, just take him now it won't be a problem.

Hope he feels better soon
Louise

Hiya, when Reece had a really bad cough a while ago all the docs i seen dismissed it as nothing serious and kept telling me to give him calpol if its bothering him. He couldn't keep his food down either. After bout a week of pestering HV's and doctors i found a doc that would listen and he rushed us straight to hospital! After some tests it turned out that Reece had Bronchalitis(sp?) which is quite dangerous and he had to stay in until he could eat again and breathe properly.

This is prob no help to Harley as Reece never had a rash so its unlikely it'll be the same illness but it maybe worth asking about :?

In fact he DID have a rash now that i think about it!!! I remember i was really panicky about it being meningitis!

il defo ask about it sounds the same... harley has not been able to keep his food down.

last night the doc said just leave it and it will get better, but its got so much worse.. i cant leave him alone for 2mins as when hes on his back he coughs then is sick then chokes.....

how old was reece??

iv only ever seen one doc that was any good. dior had a very high temp and went all floppy he drove me to the hospital

Hiya, Reece was 3 and half months i think not sure excat age. But when we at hospital there was laods of babies with it from newborn to about 2 years old. There was an outbreak of it up here around xmas time.

cheers mate im going to the docs for a fight later lol they are not getting rid of me untill i no whats wrong, the rash is worrying me. its not a meningitus rash as it dissapears with glass but its bright red all over his belly back neck legs and arms???

Awww you must be so worried, its scary when we dunno whats wrong with them. Crap doctors dont help either!!!

Good luck later anyways and let us know how it goes.

P.S. when they check for bronchalitis they need a sample of snot from right up the nose if i remember rightly so dont let them fob you off with a look in the lugs or summat!

x x

I hope you get to the bottom of this hun, sometimes the worst part is the not knowing especially when the doctors just dismiss it. I cant believe the doctor was like that especially with him being premature!

hey hun,

Did you get anywhere at the doctors???

cheers for that beanie. thanks for your concern girls x x

hope he gets better :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member