Coming off Cerazette in 8 Days

Luxoire

Reaction score
Hi everyone...we have decided after much tooing and froing that im coming off cerazette in 8days. we r goin to start TTC early october...i really wsnt to fall preggers first tine round so hoping 4months is enough. been on it 6years...been googling horror stories now i'm begining to scare myself..anyone else out there

Hi Luxoire, I came off Cerazette at the beginning of February and got my 1st period 19 days later. I have been lucky in that my cycles settled down quite quickly although I am still waiting for my BFP :) Good luck with your journey TTC xxx

hey Katkin..thanks hun. i hope mine settle that quickly. just anxious now...OH seems so blazé its unreal. i just feel ive that many yrs of cerazette in my body. mite be hard to get rid of it

I was told Cerazette is supposed to be better than the combined pills as it should leave your body fairly quickly. FX you start to get your regular cycles very soon xxx

Hi there,

I was on microgynon for 3 and a bit years then was switched to anothe one early this year, I came off the pill start of this month, before on the pill I had horrific painful periods and ovulation pains, so far I've had to ov pains, so I'm just waiting for my period now, I'm hopeful it will come start of next month lol I am also going to be trying in October for a summer baby next year :-D good luck! X

I came off Cerazette in March. Af came 27 days later and then I've had 2 28 day cycles since so pretty much straight back to normal!

I took Cerazette for around three months a couple of years ago and hated it as I felt like I was pregnant all the time as I had no period. I came off it and I know I was only on it a short time I did get a period really quickly and it just wouldnt stop it was around two weeks long!

hey ladies...good to hear ur all fine now. tbh wen u get on it they dont tell u poss side effects and at that time ur thinkin if stoppin the babies i didnt even think to ask long term side effects. maybe im just beib silly but would be gutted if i dont fall first tine round. probs doesbt help i wasnt a regular before

I took Cerazette for around three months a couple of years ago and hated it as I felt like I was pregnant all the time as I had no period. I came off it and I know I was only on it a short time I did get a period really quickly and it just wouldnt stop it was around two weeks long!

i had outbreaks of spots abd mpod swings..but i was a mad cow anyway so no one paid much notice. i just kinda stuck it out...congrats on ur baby...cant wait to get to where you are...

I have been on cerazette over 3 years now, I came off it in december 08 to ttc my daughter, I ov 19 days after coming off, had af 14 days after that - then had 2 34 day cycles - getting my bfp on the 3rd cycle!

I have just come off again, got af 21 days after coming off - and am hoping for my usual 34/35 day cycles again - time will tell, lol.

I would say it would be out of your system and you will have normal cycles by October :)

@IWant3 - thanks so mcuh hun, that is comforting, i think sometimes one reads some horror stories on the net...

as long as i am back to normal (not that i was ever regular before) and ready to conceive in October, I will be chuffed!

it feels like this is going to be the longest 4months of my life possibly...

I am not a patient person

3 days to go and i am wondering if i should start pre-natal vitamins and cut out caffeine etc...at same time as coming off Pill....

also just wondered if i should start the Agnus Castus as i have read it can help, or just leave it a couple of months for nature to take its course first before interferring

any advise?

Last edited:
Haha your like me girl! I am welllll impatient im driving myself mad! I was in holland and Barrett the other day looking at all the stuff people take before getting pregnant wondering when I should start taking it x

@frankenstein...lol i know the waiting is harder i think..o am sooo foing into bppts to secide on my votamin..think i will start now and get hubby to join me a month before..just need to decide wat brand to use...
when r u tryin to conceive? r u on pnv yet?.xx

Start of October like you :-D not taking anything yet, waiting for my first mon thou happening to happen soon haha I never noticed before I was on pill, but I get quite noticeable ovulation pains, which I guess is a good sign when it comes to trying haha other half is hating the condoms, I don't think he can cope for another 5 month haha I've noticed too, I feel alot happier not being on the pill, just shows how much it can effect you. Im in the process of loosing weight through slimming world, I want at least 3 stone off before trying, I might start taking multivitamins, and 2 months before trying go on to the folic, xx

3 days to go and i am wondering if i should start pre-natal vitamins and cut out caffeine etc...at same time as coming off Pill....

also just wondered if i should start the Agnus Castus as i have read it can help, or just leave it a couple of months for nature to take its course first before interferring

any advise?

No harm in taking pre-natel vits now - good thing is if you take it at the same time you used to take your cerazette it keeps you in the habit of taking something - and then when you have had your baby and want to go back on the pill the habit of taking a pill at that time will still be there - that;s what I do anyway, lol.

I used Agnus castus for 1st 2 cycles off pill when ttc my dd, but found it gave me lots of side effects such as bloating, headaches and sore boobs! so be ware of these things if you try it. But if your not in any hurry to bring back your af, I would just let your hormones regulate themselves naturally tbh!:)

Start of October like you :-D not taking anything yet, waiting for my first mon thou happening to happen soon haha I never noticed before I was on pill, but I get quite noticeable ovulation pains, which I guess is a good sign when it comes to trying haha other half is hating the condoms, I don't think he can cope for another 5 month haha I've noticed too, I feel alot happier not being on the pill, just shows how much it can effect you. Im in the process of loosing weight through slimming world, I want at least 3 stone off before trying, I might start taking multivitamins, and 2 months before trying go on to the folic, xx

wow thats amazing. wish i could loose weight. just dont think i can do it. Tried condoms once whilst on pill and OH hated it....im sure hes not looking fwd to it either...well i guess we'll just have to get used to it

. october buddies ehhh thats fab

@iwant 3...last day on pill today whooo hoooo...yup thats me done for the forseeable future..think i will give nature s chance for s few weeks before interferring with agnus...it will be good to just be naturally me. no side effects. no chemicak hormones.just me....

thanks

@iwant 3...last day on pill today whooo hoooo...yup thats me done for the forseeable future..think i will give nature s chance for s few weeks before interferring with agnus...it will be good to just be naturally me. no side effects. no chemicak hormones.just me....

thanks

Yeh deffo! :) we are however looking at cruises for November time in Egypt, so it might be abit after, I wouldn't mind too much being pregnant on holiday, I like my cocktails but I want a baby more so haha I'm not that much of a big drinker really, it's food I love haha! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back