Coming off allergy medications

babybump1881

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was hoping to start trying for a baby this year but was shocked to be told by my doctor that the medication I currently take to manage my chronic urticaria (fexofenadine) is not suitable to take while pregnant and is in class C category, which basically means there are not enough studies to prove it does not harm the baby. I have since tried four different anti histimines but find the side effects of dizzyness, panic, and nausea too much to cope with.

I did some reasearch and I have read on many forums other Dr's have said its safe, so i'm very confused.

Has anyone out there been on fexofendine whilst pregnant and did it cause any complications during pregnancy and for the baby after birth?

Hi hun and welcome to the forum :wave:

I didn't want to read and run. I don't have any advice on allergy meds. The thing is with a lot of medication, drs aren't going to do studies on pregnant women to see what happens, but it seems positive that other people have been on it and not had any problems.

Sometimes they will keep you on medication if the risks to you not being on it outweigh risks to the baby, I know it's not the same thing but I only know this as my mw was trying to get me to go back on anti-depressants while I was pregnant as I wasn't coping well at the time, I had come off them while ttc. I didn't take them while I was pregnant as I was worried about the risks, but I know plenty of people that do and it's fine.

Maybe talk to the other people on the forums where they have been on it and everything has been grand? Or could you go to a different doctor and get a 2nd opinon? I would just try and do as much research as you can and good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back