Allergy relief

Caz 25/12/06

Reaction score
:? I am currently 11 weeks pregnant and I have always had a very bad allergy to cats, I cannot visit a house with cats without taking antihistamine tablets. Does anyone know if any of these are safe to take during pregnancy? Or do I avoid frineds/family with cats for the next 6 months!

I have hay fever and had to stop taking my usual anti histimines. I would talk to your chemist, they give great advioce.

One chemist sold them to me and another refused to! I'd ask your GP (and then get them free on prescription!)

i suffer from awful hayfever! chemists have all refused to sell me antihistimines and the ones the doctor gave me are next to useless :wall: when i spoke to the midwife last she said that there is an antihistimine which you can buy over the counter that starts with the letter B but she couldnt remember what one it was :roll: told me to ask in a big boots at the chemist section and they would be able to tell me - i tried and got told there was nothing i could take :wall: not back to see the midwife til next week but il be askin her again if she can remember the name of it and il be sending the OH to buy it :wall:

I couldn't find much help last summer I'm afraid. I had some stuff called Nasaleze which was basically inert cellulose powder which was supposed to coat your nose inside but it only worked for a little while. Sorry :(. I did read about nasal washes with salt but never tried it...

+++

I was prescribed antihistamines for my sickness! My doc says some are ok and some aren't that's why chemists wont sell you any but if you go to your doc he should prescribe something suitable. I'm also allergic to cats which is a bummer cos I love them!

Zertek (dont know how to spell it)

I get hayfever real bad in june, and last june i was prengant with Coby, my doc said i could take these while pregnant.
you are meant to take 1 a day but thats not strong enough for me, i sometimes have to take 3.
Coby is perfectly fine.

the one you have to stay away from while pregnant is benadrill( again, cant spell!) its been proven to cause birth defects.

xxxxx

when i was 12 weeks pg, i went to Greece and used to suffer with bad prickly heat, so asked at the hospital about anit hisamanies and was told if i needed to i could take them! But always best to check with GP to find out which ones are safe etc

Natalie x

I have been told that Loratidine ( Clarytin) Is ok to take...... I have really bad hayfever. I asked the Obstetrician at my antenatal appointment....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back