Cold water...

munchkin1982

Reaction score
Many of you will know the struggles I've had to get Layla to drink water. Anyway, before I resort to a small drop of squash in it etc I thought i'd have a go at one more thing. Cold water. I still boil the kettle for the water etc and then when it is cooled down, just pop it in the fridge to "cool" even more. Hey presto!!! Yesterday she had an extra 4 oz of fluids and so far this morning she has taken nearing on 1 oz already!!! Wow my daughter is so turning into a mini me lol. I cannot stand warm water lol.

I've not read anything that says she shouldn't have "cold" water at all. I have all her dummies in the fridge due to her teething etc and she eats fromage frais "out of the fridge" so I am assuming that this is ok? Now that she is finally drinking water at fridge coolness I'm sort of reluctant to stop it now... :roll: xx

lol thats brill!! Madison likes her water and cows milk straight outta the fridge lol and has done from early well water early milk 6 months haha!! xxx

o thats great! my lo will eat yoghurts cold, but when water is cold he does a really shocked face and wont drink it! he has at room temp! lol. x

aaawww fab :) I was only concerned as I thought it might be "too cold" but she is taking it well if she has it out of the fridge. leave it go warm/room temp and she isn't interested lol. She's had 1.5 oz now this morning in addition to her milk and porridge and now she is off for a nap :) Now, I am a very happy Mummy :) xx

o thats great! my lo will eat yoghurts cold, but when water is cold he does a really shocked face and wont drink it! he has at room temp! lol. x

aaawww bless him. amazing how babies like things in different ways huh? I really didn't want to go down the juice/squash route etc if I could help it... not yet anyway. I want her to be able to drink water on its own and then "occasionally" have juice/squash etc at a later date so to speak. I'm usually a nightmare with water at the best of times. To get me to drink water more often than not it has to have squash in it or be really cold! xx

I use fruits in noas water, even lemon or lime. He don't mind water but I think its nice if there is a little taste, n better then juice xx

Might try this, I give Oz water every day but he still wants to use me for drinks as well as food. Think I'll try the fruit in water too, sounds nice xx

fruit in water does sound nice. have you tried fridge cold water at all Maria? xx

Not yet hun, I've wondered about it before but didn't know if it was ok til I read this thread. His beaker is in the fridge now lol

i think the fruit in water sounds ace too i might even give that a go just tto satisfy madison when her daddies having a cup of tea she wants some so i cud give her WARM water with lemon in or something fob her off haha xx

lol ;-) Layla's always trying knock my tea out of my hand or grab it haha ;-) xx

Here in Turkey the doctors always tell you never to give babies under a year anything from the fridge it should be left at room temperature.. theyre really funny bout it and every used to shout at me when i gave my eldest cold water in the summer but ive never heard them say anything about it in the uk.. they have lots of weird rules here though.. x

How strange Bethx.... unless its because of the climate where you are??? xx

I dunno theyre really funny about it, any turkish person will tell you not to give them anything cold.. even now hes 3 i still get moaned at for it grr

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back