SMA staydown milk

titch

Reaction score
I dont use it, but doing a bit of research and I just realised you make it with cold water from the fridge :shock: thats so much easier than having to boil water and wait for it to cool every time.

Kind of worth having even if baby doesnt have reflux :lol:

What I dont get is how can it be okay for this milk and soooo dangerous for other milks? And doesnt baby mind having cold milk?

ive alwayss done that with both my two! but i left the water on the side so it was room temp, or a bit cooler in winter! now Es on cows milk i just gibve it 30secs in the microwave to take the chill off! K has it straight from the fridge xx

Liv has this and it suits her really well. And it's so easy to make it up cold! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We used to get 6 tins at a time on prescription for Charlie. Used to make it as per the instructions although always tempted to just shake it rather than roll it, and then heated it in a jug of water to take off the chill otherwise he hated it

on prescription?!?! My GP wont even prescribe colief. Noone believes me about how much he suffers with his feeding. They keep telling me its just wind and not really listening. :strangle:

That's what we're using :thumbup: I think they advise to let it come up to room temperature before feeding baby as a chilled feed would probably cause some problems too. We had to change all our teats to variflow as it's quite a bit thicker than normal milk too. Give it a try, I wish we had earlier! And I found if we shake the bottle to mix it then it goes quite lumpy but the rolling mixes it nicely. It's the same price as the others, in fact probably cheaper than the aptamil so I haven't even asked for a prescription.
Really must stop writing a novel when replying!!!! :doh:

^^ no dont stop! I like your novels :flower:

I think Ill give my HV a ring, I cant afford the colief now its gone up to 12.99 in tesco. Thanks to an error it was 4.99 for a while so I bought loads then.

the thing is the milk Im on now is reduced lactose and I dont think SMA staydown is so we'd need to use more of the colief :wall:

you'll regret saying that :) we stopped the colief when we moved over and haven't had any problem with wind since. Is Morgan still colicky at night? We thought it was the wind that was making Ross sick but it wasn't. Are you thinking about early weaning? That's helped Ross too!

im really torn with the weaning thing.

On the one hand hes still sicky and uncomfortable after feeds, he fusses throughout them getting upset and often doesnt finish them then afterwards I cant lie him down or he'll be sick. I get thrown up on about 5 times a day, I dont bother changing anymore, just wipe my clothes down with a muslim :blush: its still such a battle but hes not screaming in pain just whinging so I call it an improvement cos he used to scream his head off!

lol forgot to finish :doh:

on the other hand cos of our family hes a high risk of allergies and food intollerances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back