Cold Turkey!

Foxxi

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Its been one whole week without a ciggarette... and I feel worse than what I did when I smoked!!!.. I cant stop coughing and sputtering ..and my throat is all tickley..cant sleep at night as coughing is worse then! :puke:

It really is tough packing in..I've smoked for 17 years..about 10 a day.. and have tryed to pack in once before..I did it for 6 weeks..went on holiday and started again! I tryed patches then, but I dont think they work, besides I forget to change them! So this time, its cold turkey... and its sooo not easy!

Im going on holiday next week...with 2 smokers... I really hope I can keep this up.. otherwise the week of coughing and spluttering was pointless!!

aw hun :hug: keep going YOU CAN DO IT you know you can and think of bubs. This is the worst part but it will get easier honest.

i did this too.. but i wasn't coughing or anything like that.....

DON'T GIVE UP THINK OF YOUR BABY... AND HOW S/HE IS BREATHING IN YOUR SMOKE..

it's all worth it :wink:

Thanx girls... I'm determined to do it.. its just soooo bloody hard! I currently feel like I should be locked in a room and be fed thru a hole in the door... I feel like im going mad!! :wall: :x :twisted:

Its gonna be even harder next week!! :cry:

I felt healthier when I smoked!!

This babies got a lot to answer for!! :)

How long has it been since you packed in neeko_1 ??? and havent you even had one since???

clasper said:
Thanx girls... I'm determined to do it.. its just soooo bloody hard! I currently feel like I should be locked in a room and be fed thru a hole in the door... I feel like im going mad!! :wall: :x :twisted:

Its gonna be even harder next week!! :cry:

I felt healthier when I smoked!!

This babies got a lot to answer for!! :)

How long has it been since you packed in neeko_1 ??? and havent you even had one since???

well i smoke since i was 14 i think and i'm 19 now
smoke about 10 a day or more with out fail... when i found out i was pregnant i still smoked... even just after i got told the news :?
the about 3 weeks into my pregnancy i smoke about 3 a day... it was hard but i had to think of my little one
it wasn't me anymore... plus the smell and taste help i just felt sick ehhh

but it's been along time now... i don't think about it a tall and hopefully i won't stat when she here :pray: :pray: :pray:

it's weird because i couldn't walk down the road without a fag in my month

just hold on girl... i think i wrote a bit to much :oops:

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

I also smoked for about 17years and smoked 20+ a day :oops:

I cant remember if I felt awful or not as I was nauseas for about 5-6 weeks which helped with the quitting

I stopped when found out was preggie so was about 5/6 weeks, I live in Greece where nearly EVERYONE smokes (cept my DH) and I went cold turkey. I must admit I have had a couple of lapses and had a ciggie but the taste made me feel sick and crap the rest of the day and I also felt really guilty.

good luck

I gave up cold turkey as soon as I got my BFP (I had one last one but I was in shock!) It will be a year on May 28th. I smoked 20 a day for about 15 years. I can honestly say, hand on heart that I never had a single drag my entire pregnancy. Unfortnatley I can't say the same since I've had Dan.......I've had a couple with a few glasses of wine at a friend's party. :oops: But I have no plans to start again as it was one of the hardest things I have ever done and I couldn't have done it if it wasn't for my pregnancy.

The first 2 weeks are the hardest, but I promise it will get easier. Keep going, it will all be worth it in the end :hug:

Thanx girls..... it would be a lot less painful if I pulled my fingernails out one by one! :twisted:

I WILL DO IT! (i hope) :? .. Well I have to do it now...i've gave all my ciggies away... whenever i run outta ciggies i go on holiday and buy more... so i had 1000 (5 packs of 200) in a draw upstairs.... well i've gave them all to my dad.. so i have none left now at all! It seemed like a good idea at the time..not such a good idea now! :doh:

BUT I WILL DO IT!!!!!!! :cheer: ... I WILL... OH YES..I WILL!!!

And well done to you guys who have packed in too! :cheer: :clap:

I found it easier to keep a packet of fags in the house, if there's none then I found that I could think of nothing but having a fag, with a packet handy, sounds stupid :? , but I found it easier not to have one, also when I fancied a fag just one sniff of the packet used to make me feel so queasy! :puke:

A tip that may help you. Treat smoking as you would getting drunk. You simply can't do it. You wouldn't get drunk while pregnant. For me I would NEVER smoke while pregnant, it was never an option. Once you have that frame of mind, you only have to get over the craving. There is no question of ever smoking. A craving only lasts a minute and then you're free!! Good luck, think of your lil bubba, you can do it!

The coughing etc is normal as your body is starting to disperse of all the junk you built up while smoking, its a good sign and will be over with in a couple of weeks and then you'll feel healthier than you ever have while smoking!

I had cut down to 3-5 day for the last few weeks so have now found it easier to quit all together.

I REALLY like mislauries tip on treating it like getting drunk, you need to make the psycological jump from being "ok for one or 2" to "never ok!"

Also, think about how you would react emotionally if you saw a pregnant woman smoking, and apply that to yourself.

Good luck babe, we all know how hard it is! :hug:

Well.. its not been to bad today so far.... I have the cleanest house in the entire world... I cant stop cleaning to keep my mind busy... my hands stink of bleach..so even if I wanted one I couldnt all I'd taste is bleach!!!

Havin ciggies in Tuck is a good idea.. I have just found a packet of menthol tucked away in a draw..which I rarely ever smoke anyway .. and will keep them to one side.. but I really dont wanna go back to smoking.. its just nice to know they are there to have the option..

As for the drinking alcohol thing.. great idea..but I rarely ever drink anyway.. cant remember the last time I was drunk!!

Anyway ..thanx for all your tips and advice... watch this space! I just hope I can continue this on my holidays!! :hug:

Clasper, just wanted to say well done for staying off the fags so far, and I hope you're not tempted on your hols. I smoked about 20 a day for about 12 years, when I found out I was pregnant I tried to stop completely but still sneaked the odd one up until I was about 6-7 weeks. I felt guilty every time I had a puff so decided I would quit and the first few weeks were awful, I was coughing up all sorts of crap and my throat was killing me. When I got over that, I felt a million times better and still do. I still want a fag, but it's not a craving any more just something I want - like a drink but I won't have one of them either. I really hope you manage to stay off them - if you give in on hols don't beat yourself up about it, just try harder when you get back. Have a good holiday & good luck x

Thanx for all your replies... well, I just got back from my holiday ... and yes.. I let myself down and smoked!!! But I didnt bring any fags back..and have been back 3 days and havent touched one!! Ohhh I wished i hadnt smoked!! :( But i'll just start again from now!!

Thankyou sunshinestars...I sure do need it! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back