coil just evicted itself!!!

Penstraze

Reaction score
Well as title really anyone had this happen? Anyone know what Im ment to do now? Explains all pains and problems probably hasnt been in right from the start :think:

This happened to my MIL aswell, she had to go back to docs and have another put in... she has a tilted womb so they said thats why.

Im sure my doctor said my womb was abit tilted maybe thats why, after all the problems this ones caused definately not having another one in!!!!

Apparently it's really common.. especially in the first few weeks where things are starting to settle down... At the end of the day your womb isn't supposed to have anything in it so it will naturally try and get rid of any foreign bodies in it... which is why miscarriages are so high in the first 12 weeks.

I have a tilted womb too but I was very lucky because I didn't have this problem although I did have a lot of pain for the first few weeks.

You need to use another form of contraception immediately... Because the coil doesn't interfere with your ovulation, so you are completely fertile... I had mine removed and was pregnant in two months, but had had the coil in for 5 years and it was a mirena coil so the one with hormones.

Like you, the process of having it in and out was quite painful and I don't know if I can do it again tbh.. so now you need to look into alternative types of contraception if possible.

Thanks, contraception is abit of a nightmare this was kind of my last option, I react badly to progesterone so the pill, injection and implant are all out and OH has problems with condoms so at the moment Im using a diaphragm not really ideal long term but not sure theres anything else we can try now I have a doctors appointment monday so will discuss it with them then.

Oh noooooooooo
Was just about to start a new post asking girls who have had the coil fitted what their experience was like.... :(
Same as you i cannot have the pill and the injection really mucked me up for years so I had kind of hoped that the coil would be our solution.
Ah well looks like the snip for the old man then hahaha!
Also I've heard that your periods can get heavier whilst using the coil? This would be a nightmare for me as they are really bad anyway since having my two babies. God the things we women go through eh?!
Maybe i will discuss other options with my doc before going ahead with the coil, but must admit after reading this post i'm now kinda stumped!!
How does the diaphram work exactly? If you don't mind telling.... please!

I think the coil can be very different from woman to woman, some people have nothing but great things to say about it, just didnt work out for me! Am very disapointed as was hoping it would be answer to my problems!

I believe the Marina coil once its settled should make periods lighter and in some cases stop them all together but the initial spotting can be for up to 6 months.

The diaphagm works by covering the cervix to prevent sperm passing it you also use with spermicide with it I found it very difficult at first and gave up but found I was over complicating things and its really quite simple, they arnt really recommended for women my age more for older women who are not quite as fertile as they are not as effective as other methods of contraception best thing to do is discuss your options with a doctor or at a brook clinic, I had to go to a brook clinic for diaphragm fitting as doctor couldnt do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back