coccyx (tailbone) pains :(

Pippa1703

Reaction score
Ive had this a whie and its beginning to get me down at work. We have quite hard chairs (I need all surfaces to be wipe-clean because of the nature of my job) which I imagine doesnt help!. It's not too bad on my sofa or bed. Its ok while im sat forward or standing but as soon as I shift in my seat or as I go to stand/sit, I get a really bad pain in my tailbone!! Im up and down a lot and the pain is getting tiresome :(

Does anyone else get this? ?

I get it after I've sat on a hard surface and am about to get up, sometimes it takes a while to actually be able to stand!

I don't really know what to say apart from I only got it towards the beginning of the 3rd tri :( and its starting to get better now so hopefully it stays away!!

Hopefully yours will ease off soon :) xxx

I get this!! My computer chair in work is very naff. I went to the dr, he laughed at me, and then got the district nurses to send me a special old people cushion. Might be worth a try because the cushion is wipe clean? He also gave me 100 codeine, and 100 paracetamol!

I sympathise though, takes me a while to get up sometimes because the pains so bad. It's improved from its worst point though.

As a side note: it's supposed to potentially eat worse after birth if the baby pushes against it. Something to look forward to!

I get this quite often, especially when sat for long periods. Might be worth checking out a sissel sit fit cushion. It helps with mine and really helps posture and your lower back (was recommended by my chiropractor).

Hope it eases soon
X

This is why I was referred to the consultant. I broke my coccyx years ago and it didn't heal correctly. I get terrible back pain from it. I sit on a special coccyx support cushion in work (has a gut out but she your coccyx is) but to be honest it's only useful for about an hour. All I can suggest is to take regular breaks to get up and have a wee walk about.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Good to know it inly gwts worse! Lol if it gets too bad ill see my gp but I'll see if I can wait it out a bit.
Thanks ladies, at least im not alone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back