From co-sleeping to cot

mermaid

Reaction score
As you may know Fin still feeds every 2 hours through the night, hence why we are co-sleeping! I wouldn't sleep otherwise. I'm now wondering how he will make that transition to the cot without a problem!
I have been waiting for him to start solids and perhaps take less milk through the night, thinking that this will be the time when he goes in his own cot.

Have any of you mums got any advice on stopping co-sleeping and working miracles? lol! :D I know, I don't ask for much!

it will be easier than you think.
stick a pillow case you have slept on for a week in the cot where his head will be.
Settle him down for the night and pop him in his cot - if he squeals then sit by the cot patting him or whatever you normally do to comfort him.
If he becomes too upset get him out and settle him on your knee but the next night keep trying him. He will eventually get used to it. all mine have. I have always left it way later than 5 months too so it may be easier for you.

another tip is daytime sleeps. Let him have them in his cot so he gets used to being in there.

Rachael is sort of in a cot now.
she goes to sleep around 7.30 - 8 pm and i stick jer in her cot. She wakes up before 10pm and i go up and setlte her down by sitting at the cot patting her. she just likes to know im there.
Then she wakes again at maybe 4am maybe earrlier and i pop her in bed with me :oops: and she has milk. There she stays till morning. :oops:

i know i know! its naughty. perhaps i am the wrong person to advise you as i just think co sleeping is so yummy scrummy.

Brody also did a lot of co-sleeping because he was waking every 1 1/ 2 hours in the night.
I had a travel cot next to the bed and he would start the night in there then after a couple of feeds he'd just end up next to me in bed. Slowley I just put him in the travel cot more and more.

Have you got room for a travel cot in your room?

Thanks Budge and Urchin. I have his cotbed next to mine so I guess I need to make more effort to put him in it after feeds.

Thanks Budge and Urchin. I have his cotbed next to mine so I guess I need to make more effort to put him in it after feeds.

budge said:
Rachael is sort of in a cot now.
she goes to sleep around 7.30 - 8 pm and i stick jer in her cot. She wakes up before 10pm and i go up and setlte her down by sitting at the cot patting her. she just likes to know im there.
Then she wakes again at maybe 4am maybe earrlier and i pop her in bed with me :oops: and she has milk. There she stays till morning. :oops:

i know i know! its naughty. perhaps i am the wrong person to advise you as i just think co sleeping is so yummy scrummy.

I do exactly the same :cheer: Oli comes in with me at the 4/5am feed I love waking up next to her, I love the cuddles :hug:

Yep same thing here!

Starts off in his own bed then by 4 he is in with me!

ellouise used to come in my bed at 4am fede.... but now she is just totally in my bed :oops:

i dont think she'll ever go in her cot the rate were going hahaha

lozzi, we have nights like that (like last night).

Ive taken to holding her hand while she is in her cot to keep her asleep when she wakes. sometimes it works.

Keeley goes to sleep in her cot at 8pm til abut 5am then she comes into my bed for a bottle and a cuddle then we sleep til 8 am... but some nights she just won't settle unless she's in my bed :?

She used to sleep in my bed all night but since she has been crawlin and has fallen out the bed i don't like her bein in there all night

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back