Co-existing eptopic pregnancy..........

Mummy Rich

Reaction score
After my early scan they saw what they thought was a cyst but said it was abnormal and now they think it could be a co-existing eptopic pregnancy...

Blood tests tomorro and another scan next wednesday.

Can anyone shed any light on what this is....

Slightly worried and confused alot!!

Thanks in advance

xx

I'm sorry I can't help you, but I didn't want to read and run :hug: :hug: :hug:

thank you...

they sed it is like a pregnancy outside the womb but my baby is in my womb also..

just worried about the effects on the current pregnancy... :(

I'm sorry you've not had things explained more clearly. I guess as they don't know for sure as yet they are not forthcoming with information about it. Its as you've said, an eptopic pregnancy as well as a baby in your womb. And eptopic pregnancy is something they will want to rule out as it can have health implications for the mother if undetected and left.

Please please please don't panic and fear the worst. They are going to do all the tests they need to and once they know for sure they can explain your options (and I am sure there will be a few) as to how to proceed if there is also an eptopic pregnancy. They have discovered a possible problem and have plently of time to diagnose and treat you if its the case.

If you are worried in the meantime and want to hear an explanation from a medical professional go see your GP or MW and have a chat with them and tell them your concerns. I am sure its better to hear about such things from a professional rather than reading online. Or ask to talk to the Consultant or Registrar at the hospital. I am sure one of those people will be able to explain what it all means and so on.

Hi

My friend has just been through this. They called it a heterotopic pregnancy, where there is an ectopic but also a baby in the right place. She had IVF though which i think it is more common with. I wouldn't panic just yet as it still could be something less serious.

I really hope it doesn't turn out to be this, while she had a happy outcome it was a very worrying time for her and not a very nice thing for anyone to go through.

Good luck :hug: :hug: :hug:

Michelle x

Thank you so much for replying. Feel at a real loss at the moment and that things are just going to go downhill.

Cant seem to find much about it on the internet so couldnt even reassure myself and nobody i knew seemed to have gone thru anything like it so its kind of a bit of relief to know of ppl who you may know and their experiences

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back