• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

clueless-what do i need to know.. someone?

isobel84

Reaction score
so Noa is due in 1 month.. we have not looked in to any sort of help with money. Cuz none of us really know what we are to have :roll:

i know we will get that money for Noa is it £80 a month? how do i get that? :whistle:
Also OH is to get tax thingie right? how do we do that? :whistle:

and how does it work to register Noa? Where do we go and what do we bring? :wall2:does it cost anything?

and this is not money related but... do i register Noa at my surgery so we have the same doctor or is he automaticly registered as he is my son?

is there anything else i need to apply for or need to know?

sorry for looong thread and that im so clueless :D Hope someone can answer some of my questions :lol:

You will have to make an appointment at your local register office (they deal with births, deaths and marriages) to register Noa and you'll be given a birth certificate for him. Once you have this you can apply for child benefit (it's £70 ish for first babies I think), working tax credit and child tax credit. You can go to the job centre to speak to someone about what you're entitled to claim for and they should be able to sort out the forms you need to fill in and send off. Some of the forms are complicated so I'd recommend asking someone to help make sense of them-I hate filling out working tax and child tax credit forms!!!

Oh and regarding doctors you have to register him, he probably won't be automatically registered but I'm not 100% on this one x

Oh and it doesn't cost anything to register Noa and I don't think you have to bring anything-possibly you need some id for you and Demba- but you can ask them when you ring up for an appointment x

isobel I think you will recieve something from the hospital to take to the register office to register Noa. (unless its different where you are,im in Scotland!)

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Registeringlifeevents/Birthandadoptionrecords/Registeringorchangingabirthrecord/DG_175608
This link tells you everything about registering Baby's birth and name.

The hospital should be sending a 'record' of you having had your child to your GP when you're discharged, this is partly linked to them sending Health Visitor after you leave Midwife care (normally after about ten days).

So, whilst your GP will have been notified of the birth, I think you still have to 'finalize' things with them. This can be easily done when you go for your own six week postnatal check up.

Hope that helps
Lxx

Last edited:
If u and oh aren't livin together as a couple then ul get the tax credits...ul b entitled to approx £70 a week child tax credit,that's if ur a single mum who doesn't work x x

i used to work at a doctors surgery (but i honestly was a nice helpful secretary!! )

but yeh u will need to register Noa there because they dont automatically take ur child as a patient, *i think u can do this once they are born and dont need the birth certificate, i would try and register him ASAP, just incase he is porly or you need advice or anything, because they wont automatically see him if hes not registered.... or thats what it was like 4yrs ago in the surgery i worked at,

good luck huni!!

:)

xxx

its was a pain for me getting tho to tax credits to order a pack . . . . . 2 weeks of trying got though couldnt belive it lol here the number if anyone whats to start trying 08453003900 tax credits
im getting 20 a week its beter the nothing . . . .

Hi :wave:

Regestering the birth. I was given a slip on info from the hospital with the numbers for the registery office on. You ring and make an appointment. You need to take baby's Daddy with you if your not married and you would like him to be on the birth certificate. If your married he doesnt need to be there to put his name on.
There was a £5/6 charge for one of the certificates for us (cant remember which?)

The £80 a month is child benefit. There will be an application pack in your bounty pack to apply for this. If not you can get one from the jobcentre (i think :)) You need birth certificate for this.

Tax credits, i found i had to ring them, answer a few questions and they sent the application out. They like you to have your Child benefit number although you dont have to have it so you dont have to wait around (say if it was in the process of going through)

Doctors. Even though the MW and HV comes out to see you and LO you still have to register LO at the surgery. (I found this out when I went along to the baby clinic thinking AJ was registered and he wasnt. I had to register him before they would see us :whistle:)

Hope this helps. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back