• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clothes?

tweetyfoo

Reaction score
What do you wear?

I'm at a loss, nothing fits

I'm 5'7 normally a size 10-12, have put on a fair bit of flab around the middle so a 12-14 now.

My normal clothes dont fit, and Im too small for maternity clothes (except trousers), but I find that normal clothes aren't long enough to make me feel comfortable..the shops are full of belly tops (yes I lived through the 90's) and short shorts! I went out full steam ahead, only to manage one and a half shops of frustration!

I look fat, not pregnant, and I feel so self conscious - its horrible. Most people know I'm pregnant, and its not that I care what other people think, I've just always been body conscious and its really hard for me to wear something that is "tight around the middle". I absolutely hate it and its really getting me down

Oh hun Im sure you will find clothes that you feel comfortable in soon but I know what you mean my trousers were the first thing I had to change cos they were too toght and for about a week my jeans are out and I refuse to buy bigger jeans. So at the minute I am living in leggings whioch I swore I never would wear in adulthood but then the dilemma of my tops come into it as I like them long enough to cover a bit of the leggings so I need to invest in longer tops xx

I live in leggings now and usually stick a dress over them. I just look like I've had too much cake at the moment. So you're not alone babe. Just following it and know it'll all be worth it. My jeans are digging in so they've been packed away with my thin clothes :-( xxx

O hun I felt exactly the same! I bought mat jeans early on , and have had to buy the next size up 2 tomes since, and havnt worn the last pair since Jan! Too upsetting. I bought a lot from online places, and live in 3 outfits! I always have longer tops, self concious other wise, look in online shops and you will find something somewhere, I am wearing atm a Reallly long top, even over massive bump it goes down to crotch, it was from Ethel Austin. I bought a maternity vest top from New look when I was like 12 weeks, and wore it anyway, was suprised how it didn't seem too baggy, bearing in mind I wear it still. I also said I would never wear leggings, but honestly mine are a god send, they have over bump bit which is so comfy, keeps belly in so no wobbles and no chance of falling out or showing midriff. Atm I wear them under some loose non-mat jogging bottoms so my thighs don't feel gross lol. Am v paranoid sometimes! Hope you get comfy soon! X x

Lol pea I have a thin clothes box lol :)

If you don't want to buy maternity clothes yet, Joe Browns (catalogue and online) have some really lovely, unusual tunics you can't find on the high street. They'll come in handy later when you're still slimming into your pre-pregnancy clothes.

I live in leggings, bought my mat jeans at 12 weeks. - also bought clothes at a bigger size and got mat clothes at 16 weeks when my bump was fully formed x

I have a box of clothes that didnt fit me before I was pregnnt so will need another box for the clothes that are gonna slowly grow too small for me.

Going shopping with mum tomorrow to try and get longer tops and more leggings, joggy bottoms for at home xx

I've lost weight since I found out; No appetite
But my jeans do seem a bit tighter so I went out and bought a few dresses; had to go up a size as my already large boobs have just taken me up way past a 14, god the relief is amazing! Not going back to jeans til I can justify proper maternity ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back