Cloth Nappies...??

Chezza

Reaction score
Afternoon Ladies,

Forgive my silly questions...but having never seen a cloth nappy, I have no idea how they actually work!

Can anyone please explain this for me?

Ha ha where to start. Loads of differnt ones to chose from. The majority just look like a bulkier cloth version of a disposable. Some are all in ones (like a disposable) and some are 2 parts - cloth nappy and waterproof outer. Best place to start is the Go Real website or the Nappy Lady. Both have great advice. They are a lot easier to use than you'd think xx

I've been thinking of giving these a go while at home until I get the hang of it. It's another bloody minefield though!

Thanks Amy :)

I know HopesDreams - it's really confusing! Glad I'm not the only one struggling, lol xx

See if you have a cloth nappy library in your area. You can also hire trial kits xx

I have used cloth from the start. Disposables stink (literally)

I use Little Lamb bamboo nappies, they are two part napies, the inner absorbant part and then a nappy wrap on the outside. The inner part has the nappy part then a bamboo booster and a liner (either washable or flushable) in it, you put it on just like a disposable. Then put a wrap on over it. You don't need to change the wrap everytime you change the nappy, I use my wraps for three changes usually.

When I change my baby the dirty nappy goes in a dry nappy pail, then when I have a load then go in the machine, I do a cold rinse first then wash on 30 degrees and dry in the sunshine. I stuff my nappys ready with liners and boosters so they are ready to go when I need them.

I love them.

But not all nappies suit all babies, much like dispoables so I would try a few and find what works rather than spending a fortune on one type that may not suit your baby.

Plus nappy wraps are cuter than anything pampers can create. My baby is currently rolling around in this http://www.funkymonkeypants.com/sweetpeacover.html the penguin print.

My nappies and bits cost £200ish, where i live a pack of 44 nappies costs about £15 so cloth has already more than paid for itself and my baby is only four and a half months old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back