cloth nappies

meegs

Reaction score
I need some advice....
I am really keen to use cloth nappies but am having concerns re the washing/drying part of the process. I currently live in Australia where you have a separate laundry and can hang out clothes on the line where they dry in a few hours. Now the problem/issue is that I am moving to Scotland (wet/windy outer hebrides) in April and our washing machine is in the kitchen (why is that????) so no separate room to put things and it isn't the best weather to dry things outside. Inside is only the living room and kitchen so don't really want lots of nappies hung about the place trying to dry.

Any suggestions or thoughts????

erm tumble drier, or airer over the bath for nappies, or radiator dryer in LOs room (thats what we do so also she gets nice toasty nappy on her bum, lessens the grumbling !

Thanks, guess it sounds a bit stupid not knowing how to dry the nappies... don't think we have a drier so might have to look at getting one and can't remember if there is a radiator in the bedroom, will have to check.
Just didn't want the hassle of drying nappies to put me off using cloth nappies

You could go for microfibre nappies. They dry in super quick time! Have a look at TotsBots Fluffles or Weenotions used to do them too. :)

Little Lamb do microfibre too. I used them :D They are nearly dry out of the machine and only need to little tumble or stuck on the airer.

A coulpe of my friends have bought the old fashioned style dryers - the type that attach to the ceiling and go up and down - they swear by them. apparently Asda were/are selling them. I have a pull out line in the utility room, but used to be in the bathroom in our old place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back