Cloth Nappies, Tots Bots or Little Lamb

tiggerstacy

Reaction score
I am looking for some advice, we have decided that we are going to try using cloth nappies, however we can't decide which ones to go for, we know we want bamboo for the extra absorbency but which ones are a better fit or better for not leaking?

Also I intend to use disposables while I am out and about so would a set of 10 be enough or would I still need 20?

Sorry I know it's a lot of questions but any advice would be great.

I trialed a Little Lambs bamboo and was really impressed.

I found it stayed soft longer that the Tots, and they're cheaper too.

As for numbers, that depends entirely on how often you go out or want to wash them.

10 IS tight but if you're mixing with disposables it's not like you'd ever get caught with none! :D

I didn't realise until I saw my midwife today that I could get a £30 grant to help with the purchase of cloth nappies. Apparently, it's an environmental incentive! How good is that? Does it happen all over the country?

Sorry to butt in, It just made me think....... :)

Most councils offer something, we get £30 in Birmingham too, although that's probably one of the meanest offers!

I'd definitely claim it. Even if cloth doesn't work out for you, you can sell your free nappies on Ebay!

Should warn you though, £30 doesn't go far......... :lol:

we dont have the £30 grant ehre.. i think its crap...i have got 20 nappies. different types..i have 7 all in ones, and the rest are prefolds bambinos, and wraps and i have a shaped nappy with wrap too..im sure 10 should be enough especially if u have a tumble dryier.. im got 20 thinking.. i will use about 5 a day.. so by the time im on the 3rd set the 1st ones should be washed and dried?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back