• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clingy Phase

Charlie:-)

Reaction score
Maia seems to be going through a bit of a clingy phase with me at the moment.

I left her for the first time last Friday afternoon and hubbys sister looked after her for about 6 hours while we were at a funeral.

She cried for about half hour, wouldnt take a feed (EBM) then zonked out to sleep from 12 noon till 4pm and then eventually took a feed of EBM.

Since then she will not let Daddy settle her to bed and give her a bedtime feed. We used to alternate putting her to bed and feeding her but she just screams with hubby and as soon as I walk into the room and she sees me or hears my voice she calms but still cries until I take her and feed her from my breast. She will take EBM from hubby when we go to bed and during the night but just not at bed time.

Anyone else experienced a clingy phase?

Really hope it is just a phase because she seems to start as soon as he takes her when he gets in from work at about 5pm, they usually play for a bit and have some bum time (nappy off time) and now I have to entertain her as well or she screams, tonight I gave her a massage while hubby entertained her with a glove puppet. This time used to be a bit of "me time" and I really looked forwards to him coming home and taking her.

I felt that my DS suffered from this at around 3 months old but I was told not to be silly and that he was too young to be like that. I think that they were talking about seperation anxiety.

I don't have any advice babes. We just worked through it and it eventually passed. It's hard work but it will pass. xxx

Put Luke down for a mo and he screams blue murder. I have to creep out of the room when he is facing the other way LOL

Angel's the same. I have to sit with her all day. If she falls asleep on me i try and lay her on her changing mat or pram, but the second she goes down she screams. My OH's sister came round the other day. She picked her up off the floor and sat her on her knee. She was facing the other way so screamed so loud. She turned her to face me and she's fine. Unless i'm holding her she will not look at anyone else in the face!
I don't mind it's just i don't get anything done. I had to put her in the sling so i could feed the animals the other day as i just couldn't leave her.

Alex has been 'mama-clingy' since about 5 months old and it shows no sign of stopping. If he's not with me he gets hysterical. I left him for half an hour with my mam the other day whilst I went to the post office and he screamed blue murder the entire time. If he's in the same room as me but not on my knee, he'll bum-shuffle over to me then grab my leg and start shouting at me. If he's already in my arms and I go to put him down or give him to somebody else, he clutches at me desperately trying to hang on to me and starts wailing. If he's with somebody else (and they've managed to calm him down) and then I come into the room, as soon as he sees me he starts bawling and reaching out to me with both arms.

It's so frustrating :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back