• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clicky hip

Tilly

Reaction score
We have had our 6 week check today with the GP and been told that my daughter has a clicky hip and needs to have a scan. When the health visitor first came round when she was 10 days old she had an extra crease on her left leg which she said could be a sign of a dislocated hip, this is the same side as the clicky hip now. When she saw the hv yesterday the extra crease had gone so she said it was probably just an extra fat layer.

I am beside myself with worry now and just want to sit and cry.

Blossom x

aw hun try not worry yourself too much.

I had one of these as a kid but it went undetected for years and then one day it dislocated when i was about 6 and i had to go into hospital for a few days and go on traction where it was sorted out and i havent had any problems since.

Obviously if they have spotted it in your LO then Im sure it will be even easier to sort out and she wont suffer at all or probably not even know anything about it.

Hope it all gets sorted soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

DONT PANIC!!!! :hug:
Ted had this too at his 6 week, i felt just like you...got the scan and it was fine, they can rectify themselves and if it is a clicky hip then he may need to wear a little day brace for a few weeks, its honestly no big deal :hug: :hug:

Please don't worry I had this when I was a baby and only had to wear double nappies for a couple of weeks, never had any problems since.

Ella had a clicky hip at birth, we went for the scan at 8 weeks and it had sorted itself out. Apparantly it is really common for them to have it when they are tiny - the clinic was absolutely heaving when we went and we waited about an hour and a half for out appt, so it is obviously pretty common to need a scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back