cleaning a syringe for baby

pilkers

Reaction score
just wondering if any of you sterilise a syringe and how you do it?

I give Evie gripe water/medicine using a syringe cos it's easier and to clean it I usually wash it throughly by drawing up soapy water and squirting it back out then do the same with boiling water..then I put it in the cold water steriliser and draw some of that water up into it...

Is there an easier way that I'm missing?

Ok, I might be wrong and stuff....But...I never sterelised a syringe... Just washed it...And sometimes didnt.... :oops: (Just when Daniel is crying his head off and you are totally lost, you dont even have time to wash it propaly, not even stereize) But, im not a good example with this :oops: :shhh:

I've never sterilised Tom's syringes. I just wash with hot, soapy water and push the water through the syringe then do the same with clean, cold water. Lx

I would say that you are doing the right thing. That's what I do when I need to give Adam any meds. xxx

We've always just washed Ryan's with the rest of the dishes :)

i fill a cup with hot water and washing up liquid, and pull the water into the syringe a few times, then do it with plain water. and leave the plug to soak in it for a bit

yeh i just wash with hot soapy water and again with plain water. i never sterilised.

xxxxx

i wash a million a day, youre doing it absolutely right.

i also have a teat brush, i take them apart and scrub them after medication time but if youre only using one syringe occasionally then i dont think you need to be worrying about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back