Clary Sage....PHWOAR!!!

fuffins1981

Reaction score
I am 38 weeks today!

I have out clary sage into an oil burner and am sitting with it burning next to me...

For 15 mins, I have thought....well, maybe it is best massaged...

But....PHWOAR!!!!!! :shock: :rotfl:

I have now had a couple of very strong contractions!!! probably wont progress my early labour any further....But man....It has boosted the miniscule contractions I have been having today.

Bought it because Sherlock mentioned it in my ask a mum thread about latent labour. I now think she is VERY right about it strengthening contractions :rotfl:

Woohoo, I'm getting me some of that :D

I hope it works for you Fuffins and LO comes soon.

Alex xxx

I used it too on the Wed eve and Thurs morn and i gave birth Thurs eve - my contractions had started 4 days before so i think it wrked for me!

Thank you for your success story Babybee :hug: :cheer:

Alex....Defo get some! Seemed pricey at £8.29 from Holland and Barretts....But if it works.....Then it will be worth every penny :lol:

Oh yes the stuff smells!!! I have some, but because im not contracting yet it doesnt do much for me, though i do find if i put it on my belly i instantly get BH and she wriggles a lot!!

I'll definately be trying it when labour finally starts, just a shame i cant use it to kick start things

abcd1234 said:
Oh yes the stuff smells!!! I have some, but because im not contracting yet it doesnt do much for me, though i do find if i put it on my belly i instantly get BH and she wriggles a lot!!

I'll definately be trying it when labour finally starts, just a shame i cant use it to kick start things

Stimulate your nipples.....I do that periodically....Not sure if anything is progressing my stage....But these things are worth trying :)

Oo yes, clary sage. Wonder stuff for contractions.

But word of warning ladies....

DON'T USE IT UNLESS YOU ARE CONTRACTING AND NEED SOME HELP TO MOVE ALONG

I had my clary sage massage only after 2 days of latent labour and 9 hours of first stage labour and I then lost my contractions due to tiredness and could not get them back on my own. So MW mixed some clary sage with some olive oil and massaged my bump and lower back and :shock: contractions kicked back in big time within minutes.

Keep it well clear of your bump until in labour and don't use if it things are progressing well anyways. It does its job very well and I'd be cautious if you've not done your homework on its use etc or unless you have someone applying it who knows what they are doing.

fuffins1981 said:
I am 38 weeks today!

I have out clary sage into an oil burner and am sitting with it burning next to me...

For 15 mins, I have thought....well, maybe it is best massaged...

But....PHWOAR!!!!!! :shock: :rotfl:

I have now had a couple of very strong contractions!!! probably wont progress my early labour any further....But man....It has boosted the miniscule contractions I have been having today.

Bought it because Sherlock mentioned it in my ask a mum thread about latent labour. I now think she is VERY right about it strengthening contractions :rotfl:

It really does do the job. My contractions had all but gone after 2 days of latent and 9 hours of first stage and blimey I was in second stage and pushing LO out in no time :shock: Second stage took 34 minutes. The contractions came back stronger and closer together within minutes of the clary sage massage. Took my breath away.

It may well move things along for you if its causing them to be stronger. I was already in first stage so I can't comment on latent labour, but yes, it does work. Its good if your contractions fade and you can't get them back also. I'd use the stuff again for sure.

Good luck :)

Thank you Sherry. I am not joking when I say i miss your common sense knowledge around here :D

I hope it works for you fuffins! I mixed mine with olive oil I think and got OH to rub it on. It smells really strange doesn't it! Not manky exactly, just odd.

Sherlock recommended it to me and so I went to the midnight pharmacy at our local Boots and BEGGED them for it. Lol.

Come on mini-fuffins... out you come!

mine was added to the bath :D

But it didn't do much for me :wall: probably an exception to the rule

Oooh I may have to add this to my encourage labour wish list, along with the 9 pineapples, curry and 'doing it like rabbits' :D

Mildly said:
Oooh I may have to add this to my encourage labour wish list, along with the 9 pineapples, curry and 'doing it like rabbits' :D

Its not for trying to start labour as a massage. Meant more to help contractions along once in labour.

I'd be very wary of using it via massage if not already in labour, be it latent or actual first stage.

Sherlock said:
Mildly said:

Its not for trying to start labour as a massage. Meant more to help contractions along once in labour.

I'd be very wary of using it via massage if not already in labour, be it latent or actual first stage.

Thanks Sherlock :D Honestly, I'd be clueless without your advice on here :) I shall make sure I only get it if I seem unable to sustain contractions over a period of time and then to only apply once they have started.

I am in such uncomfortable pain tonight!!

I am burning more clary sage now. Second time today. See if it helps :)

When contractions are established more, will ry the massage way possibly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back