clary sage oil? im confused!

sheena287

Reaction score
Hi all! ive heard about clary sage oil can be used during labour as a natural pain relief but ive also seen some info on it being used to induce labour aswell, anyone know anything about it?? tried it?? does it actually work?? ive tried googling it but theres so much different advice about it i dont know whats right! thanks everyone xx

It brings on contractions.. say if your in labour and lose your contractions or they trail off then rub the oil on bump and back and it brings then back on. Been told its quite potent so i wouldn't advise using it until in labour. Hope that helps xx

I'd not consider it a natural pain reliever in labour.

I had it used on me to bring back my contractions, which had gone MIA after 9 or so hours of labour. Its potent stuff if massaged into the bump and lower back and really brings contractions on hard. My MW is also a trained aromatherapist and knew what she was doing when using it on me.

I'd say only use it if in established labour and your contractions fade or slow down. It can help get them back really well. I'd defo not want to use it as a labour inducer as it has the potential for a strong reaction which would be very harsh on baby in there if not ready to come out just yet. Also unless you know the dose to mix it you could really overdo the amounts which again would not be nice for LO in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back