Citalopram / ADPs while pregnant...

Rosie1

Reaction score
Hi, anyone out there taking any form of medication for depression / panic attacks?

i am taking Citalopram 20mg to control panic attacks that i have had for about 10 years. I met the nurse on Friday to ask about the affect they may have on my baby (i am only 6 weeks) and she was really unhelpful and said they can offer me no advice as no trial have ever been done, and i have to decide what i care about more, my mental health or my baby. She made me feel like a bad mum if i decide to stay on them, but i am reluctant to come off them as i think a mum in a constant state of agitation who regularly has panic attacks would be very bad for my baby.

i am meeting my midwife for the first time tomorrow, so hopefully she can give me some more advice and listen to my concerns.

I'd love to hear from any other mums who are going through the same thing!

I was on the same meds as you, during pregnancy they changed it to a differnt one, cant remember the name of it, but one which has had trials, ask your cpn or pyschiatrist if they would change you to a more commonly used med during ur preg.

If im honest i never take mine tho so it hasnt been as much as an issue for me.

Now im bf'ing theyve put me on sertaline, i think that might be the same one that they used during pregnancy.

Mine is for Ptsd/anxiety/ocd/depression.

I was on citalopram and beta blockers when I fell pg and my doctor told me to stop taking them. I didn't have one panic attack when I was pg and I had quite a stressfull time when I had to have my dog put to sleep. I found that avoiding the situations that gave me panic attacks was the best thing to do and it was weird because it was almost like because I had no choice but to come off the medication I just had to get on with it.

Lou :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back