Circumcision

And anyway, 'not being able to remember' is no excuse to put an innocent child in that much pain! They have to cauterise (burn) the open wound and around 600 little boys in america each year have their little willies totally burnt of :( :(

its actually quite dangerous and more than that, its HORRIFIC!

:sick:

OMG barbaric much? WTF is wrong with these people?

And anyway, 'not being able to remember' is no excuse to put an innocent child in that much pain! They have to cauterise (burn) the open wound and around 600 little boys in america each year have their little willies totally burnt of :( :(

quite, this is an article on circumcision. it shows an adult penis circumcised and uncircumcised and also a little circumcised penis.

it may be traumatic but i think important for ANYONE even slightly considering cutting the protective skin off their childs penis

http://www.drmomma.org/2011/08/intact-or-circumcised-significant.html

I think it is quite obvious from the angry redness and the amount of missing skin, cells, blood, protective mucous glands etc that this is not a 'normal' or 'simple proceedure and is very uncomfortable for the babies

Its quite clear that the penis is designed to be internal, not external.

Can you Imagine seeing your little innocent baby in that much pain and knowing you have sanctioned it? Disgusting.

I accidentally clipped arthur's finger the other day whilst clipping his nails and seeig real tears roll down his fat little Cheeks broke my heart.

I know :( I caught Jaspers leg in the buckle for the car seat once and i was soo irrationally upset about it!

another reason why i am blown away by the 'normality' of circumcision in America... i mean really!

in america they take the baby to another room to 'clean them up' and thats when they do it. parents do not have to face the reality of what is happening to their newborn. If they did it in front of the new parents I bet most of them would stop it happening!

I would sefinately wait and see. There's probably only a very small chance of t happening to your LO anyway.

Fi - those pictures broke my heart, one of the comments underneath was a lady who went to a baby shower and the pregnant lady had a jar labelled 'pretty willy fund' or something! Gobsmacked! I can't see how anyone would willingly put they're babies through that. I'm not against it if needs to be done medically but to do it to make it look pretty is disgusting. :(

As yet I don't have children but this is a really important topic for me. My OH and his brother had it done when they we about 3/4 years old and it's the normal thing in Turkey. The Imam comes and says some religious stuff, they do the snip and then they have a little party afterwards to celebrate!!! I find this shocking and cruel.

I know that if/when we do have children and if it's a boy OH and I will have a massive argument over this. It's something that will be expected of us from my in-laws and the pressure to do it will be quite great. It wouldn't suprise me if OH does it without me knowing, then it's too late.

I also try to see it from his point of view, it's normal for him, it's what they do, they think we are strange for not doing it!

Last edited:
make him have a look at those links...

if your going to circumcise i think its much safer to do it at 3/4 because the penis had developed that much more... much less risk of things going wrong

i would demand anaestheic though if it was something i couldnt prevent x

Eeek. Omg poor babies. :(

My husband has a lot of foreskin, much more than 'normal' people.

So I expect ours sons might too. I often wondered if hubby would want then circumcised as he's quite embarrassed at his extra skin. But even with all that he would never have a baby operated on unless it was medically necessary.

That being said its never given him a problem. I think it heightens sex for him, and it certainly does for me too.

Also nice as it means the whole head of his willy is completely covered which I think is a good thing. :)

Bar one urine infection he's never ever had a willy problem. So it must be doing something right!

Thanks ladies. Def gonna wait and see what happens. Don't want my poor little pip goin through unnecessary pain but it had been playing on my mind. Good to get it out there and rationalise ur thoughts.

I recon he'll be fine babes.

Just re-read my post and it sort of didn't explain the point I was trying to make.

I can just imagine a lot of people have babies with foreskin who look like my DH's and worry.

And although he thinks it's funny looking it's never caused him anything negative, more the opposite.

I say unless a little boy is in pain leave him as nature made him. Xxx

As yet I don't have children but this is a really important topic for me. My OH and his brother had it done when they we about 3/4 years old and it's the normal thing in Turkey. The Imam comes and says some religious stuff, they do the snip and then they have a little party afterwards to celebrate!!! I find this shocking and cruel.

I know that if/when we do have children and if it's a boy OH and I will have a massive argument over this. It's something that will be expected of us from my in-laws and the pressure to do it will be quite great. It wouldn't suprise me if OH does it without me knowing, then it's too late.

I also try to see it from his point of view, it's normal for him, it's what they do, they think we are strange for not doing it!

Noa will be circumcised for religious reasons. I first wanted it done when he was newborn but we decided to wait. Demba wants it done when he's perhaps 6-7 but then I think we can wait until he's a teenager and let him choose himself. But if demba wants it done in a few years I will accept as I'm scared as u said, it will be done behind my back. I couldn't let them go to Gambia I would be so scared an iman would come n do it and in my opinion, it has to be done in a clinic, and in England, not Gambia.

I'm not gonna get in to the discusssion as I've been there before on this forum. We all have diferent opinions and I leave it at that xx

quite, this is an article on circumcision. it shows an adult penis circumcised and uncircumcised and also a little circumcised penis.

it may be traumatic but i think important for ANYONE even slightly considering cutting the protective skin off their childs penis

http://www.drmomma.org/2011/08/intact-or-circumcised-significant.html

I think it is quite obvious from the angry redness and the amount of missing skin, cells, blood, protective mucous glands etc that this is not a 'normal' or 'simple proceedure and is very uncomfortable for the babies

Its quite clear that the penis is designed to be internal, not external.

I just can't bring myself to look. My OH and his nephew both had theirs removed, but for a medical reason, of which I'm not sure of, but I can't see why people would chose to do it just through a choice to get rid of it. To me it seems like removing fingernails or toenails!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back