circumcision - your experiences please

laetitia85

Reaction score
i was just wondering if any of you circumcised your baby? kenzo is getting circumcised on friday 8th february and I wanted to hear your experiences. I'm not worried as I found one of the best doctors in London to do it! and Kenzo will recieve a local aneasthetic which is great :wink: but as his mum, i must say I'm a bit nervous about it! my family will be there on the day because DH and I don't wanna see it! but i'd still like to hear your experiences and advice.
thanks! :hug:

haven't got a clue but the best of luck :hug:

let us know how it goes :wink:

baby smile was done at a clinic in luton at 2weeks old using the plastibell method - he was given a local anaesthetic and didn't really notice either the anaesthetic needle or the operation itself. He screamed when he was held down but stopped as soon as the nurse let him go afterwards. My husband and I were with him and the doctor was really good. Baby sucked on my finger afterwards for a bit but was otherwise ok.

It took a few days to come off but stayed really clean and was easy to look after. He had a bit of a grumbly night one night but that was all and now at 3weeks old it is completely healed, neat and tidy.

My LO is circumcised as we are Jewish. It was all fine and healed within a couple of weeks. Just make sure he gets a lot of comfort afterwards, lots of feeds etc and you should be instructed how to look after his willy. I was very emotional and it is upsetting but I knew he would be ok as we had a really good Dr do it. Good luck with it. PM if you want to know more details. :hug:

probably sounds like a really dumb question but why do people get circumsised?

for religious religions, or medical reasons - some people believe the foreskin will cause hygiene problems later in life so it is recommended to do it at a young age. i am doing it for all those reasons, it's a personal choice. my brothers and husbands were all circumcised too. :hug:

My nephew was circumsised (he's Jewish), we went to the ceremony and it was fine. A GP carried out the procedure and although the baby was a little distressed it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. The doctor was meticulous in terms of hygiene etc and gave good advice to the parents regarding aftercare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back