Christmas Stockings for my parents - pass it on

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Hi girls, well I got a xmas stocking until I was 24! , and they can get expensive when kids are older! so to thank my mum and dad (I'm lucky ,as I still have them both), I now make them a stocking each year, and if they won't be up from cornwall, deliver early with strict instructions to not open till there in bed on xmas morning with a cuppa! - they love it. As I have kids myself, I don't use a stocking for them, I use a nice father xmas style pressie bag , or my kids would rumble me! :whistle:

Do you all wrap your presents up indiviually inside the stockings?

I always do as my parents never did, (I used to have to feel them all in the dark, or see what they were before Id guessed!). I think it adds to the excitement of opening and suspense!

Don't put them in the loft till xmas eve - I lost all my gold coins to a loft mouse, and ended up sharing out the whole ones into each stocking!

Love stockings !:lol:

A what a lovely idea for your parents....I miss being able to spoil my mam and dad but I used to make a fuss over them when they were here they were very good to me.....

But I think thats a lovely idea JJ as I think sometimes people forget that their parents might still ike surprises even though their older....good for you your parents have a lovely thoughtfull daughter xxx

That's such a lovely thing to do! My parents did me a stocking last year but they officially stopped when I was about 16. So lovely of you honey!

i did them for my mum and dad too! but then the last couple of years i was a bit sidetracked with babies :lol: i put them in proper stockings hehe! and yea, everything in them has to be wrapped! i still get a stocking off my mum and dad!

the way we've always done it is we put our stocking and sack at the foot of our beds for santa and then magically in the morning santa's been and they're full :yay: mum said hindsight's a great thing tho and she wishes she'd bought 2 of everything so santa could just swap them in our rooms and not have to fanny about :rofl:

i love this idea - but i do table presents for everyone (well OH, mum, dad, bro, cousin and nan) i limit myself to £5 and get them all a little gift that they open before we eat xmas dinner!!

Love the table gifts idea too...never done that before but might be a first this time lol xx

wilma do you make your own crackers? (silly question probs hehe!) my mum puts like a £5 gift in our crackers for us :)

I do for the very little kids yeah and a small gift goes in, for the older girls they get some hand made jewellery and in the past I have put lottery tickets in for the adults xx

See i think it spreads the presents out if you save a little something for later in the day!!! This year i'm thinking of giving my mum, oh's mum and our nans a photo mini book filled with pics of the baby (from scan till near xmas) which are about £4.99 off of photobox!!!

I am considering getting a gift for everyone from the baby (again only something small) esp for our parents and my brother and oh's sister who it will be their first grandchild/ niece or nephew!!

I'd love to make my own crackers but are they more hassle than buying ready done ones?

I make my own xmas cake (which i might begin the first day of my maternity leave so it's made and all i have to do is feed it between now and xmas) and nearer xmas i usually make my own mince pies and give them to family members (i don't actually eat mince pies as i don't like them but all male members of the family love them)!!!

You've given me the idea of doing stockings this year for both my parents and bro and sil!! I find my dad so hard to buy for so will get him some handkie's and socks but I'm also loving the idea of putting a lottery ticket in there and will put some chocolate in too!!

I find my dad really hard to buy for too! Think I'll do this for my parents, sisters and Neice this year with a price limit! How do you make your own crackers? I like that idea for OH and DD!

Love this idea Jj!! I've already started bidding on bracelets and stuff on eBay which r like a £1 from jingling and a tenner each in a similar shop over here and my sister loves them so she thinks shes got quite a bit bless her xx

That's lovely!

My Mum stopped mine when I was 21, and the next year I was at my in-laws and got one from them :dance:

Mum didn't wrap but MiL does. I love it, although hubby is upset cos he only gets half as many now, lol!!

I'm soooo excited about making them for my little ones, woooo!!

JJ I think I love you, I am going to do exactly this for my parents this year. Lots of little things. Brilliant xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back