Christmas presents for a newborn?

dpsrm

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

My baby is due on saturday and I feel like he's never going to be born! :x

Anyway, my mum asked me the other day what my OH and I are going to get our LO and I just looked blankly at her :shock: What do you get a 6 week old baby for christmas??

when my DS decided to arrive 2 weeks before Christmas rather than 6 weeks after (setting a standard for his behaviour forever :wink: ) we quickly bought...

stuff for his room - pictures etc
all the toys that are for birth - 6 months
clothes
things to keep (e.g. photo albums etc)

How about a baby memory box to keep all his/her cards, hospital tags etc.

Buy empty boxes and wrap them up for the baby to open.

Tia was four months old when xmas came round first time, and tbh the thing that made her the most happiest was ripping the paper off the boxes and staring at the lights on the xmas tree.

In seriousness though, clothes. Until they are about four months they really arn't that interested in standard toys. The TV is interesting because it moves constantly, makes noise and has has flashing lights. They grow out of clothes so quickly that it just makes sense to have more... preferably in all sizes.

Arianna was 5mths for her first xmas and we got money for her from family to buy stuff like her highchair etc.

Or clothes, but in bigger sizes as you will get loads of newborn stuff when the baby is born

how about buying things that will be 'useful', or things that the baby will appreciate later in the year?

How about something special for them to keep? I bought DD a charm bracelet last Xmas and I'll be adding new charms to it every year and will give it to her as something sentimental for her 16th birthday (obviously that wont be her present!)

My youngest was 3 weeks old at Christmas and we wrapped a load of stuff we'd bought anyway, a lamp for his room, clothes etc.
The main reason we did it was so my 4 year old wouldn't ask why Father Christmas didn't bring his brother anything :lol:

Jakes nursary isnt set up yet so OH's parents are buying a baby bedroom suite whith a cotbed which should last him until he is at least 7 years old. Ive bought him some outfits and some toys and OH is getting him a jumparoo bouncer :cheer:

I noticed in Mothercare yesterday that they had a babys 1st xmas photo album. No idea what we'll get ours - probably nothing much as it wont even be a month old (if it comes on its due date!).

Jake was only 5 weeks old for his first christmas so we just put some money in to his bank account and bought him a few little bits. I think I bought him his foot finders, a cot toy and some rattles. You could buy a play/activity mat if you havn't already got one.

These are the foot finders
http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... 739_10001_

I would buy sentimental things that say baby's first christmas. as you can keep them :)

Aimee was 3 weeks old on her 1st christmas and like urchin said we bought mainly so our older daughter would see there were presents for both of them. We got her a winnie the pooh baby ring and put her other presents inside it, clothes, musical stuff and rattles mainly.

clothes etc dunno what else. maybe go for babys first xmas or something. trouble is ud have to be careful what colour u buy unless u know your babys gender.

just had an idea , whay do u open and account or isa and put some money init so it can grow. have to go in your name atm.

had a small glow worm.. lol.. she still has it now.. i would get a personalised teddy.. or blanket or something saying..(babys name) 1st christmas..

I didn't buy James anything for his first xmas! :oops:
He was only 4 days old and had just got loads of new stuff :D

Im goin to buy her clothes in 3 -6 months, a new bouncer and swing, things she will appreciate.

No point buying them toys at this tender age when she obnt remeber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back