Christmas cakes

Kerrykins

Reaction score
I made the christmas cakes today (I know a month late, I'm very unorganised this year) and literally had the mix on my finger on the way to my mouth before I remembered there were 8 raw eggs and half a bottle of brandy in it!!!!! I don't suppose a little bit of cake mix would have done too much harm but it's amazing the things you almost do automatically isn't it................

I almost did the same a few weeks back! I LOVE cake mix too. I almost cried as I washed my hands! lol x

Ha ha ha, yeah it's pretty good. The babies aren't due until January tho, so I'm hoping there will be some left for me - tee hee. Just can't believe I nearly shovelled the mix in without thinking!

I havent made mine this year so your more organised than me !!! lol i have to keep reminding myself not to lick the bowl luckily have a 4 yr old to help with that !!! do miss being able to do it though !! xxx

Ooh you've got me feeling all Christmassy now!!!!!!!:)

Just habit isn't it. I have to intentionally leave the spoon and bowl a bit messy to my OH can lick it every time I bake something - ha ha ha.

my fruits been soaking for about a week now but just haven't had the energy to actually make the cake :p have sniffed the brandy about 5 times so far tho - when did it start smelling so good!!!

I know w3hat you mean Hemera. There is no way on earth I could ever drink a glass of brandy (even before I was preggers) it just makes me feel sick. But when it's in that bowl soaking the fruit, I just can't keep my nose out - lovely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back