Christenings ~ Baby Outfit & Godparent Gifts

Redshoes

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone who's had their LO christened would mind saying f they got their LO's Godparents a gift, and if so what was it? And also, where did you get your LO's special outfit for the day? And if you know of any nice shawl sellers, that would be greatly appreciated, thankyou :hug:

I have 3 godchildren and received a gift from one of them but that was in Greece where it is traaditional to get the godparents a gift (probably because traditionally in Greece the godparen pays for the christening outfit, a special candle, special towel, a piece of jewellery and more at the christening). I dont think you need to buy a gift but what would be nice maybe after the ceremony would be a framed photo of the godparent and child at the ceremony.

Thankyou tuck :hug: Sounds like a lovely ceremony they have in Greece :) I'm a Godparent myself and have Godparents too, I know here there's no rule as to buying gifts, was just asking for ideas really, and as I've never bought a christening outfit before as Isaac is our first child, wondered if anyone could recommend anywhere, I think too much choice isn't always an easy thing :think: hoping to ease that by having other Mummys give their opinion :hug:

I am a godparent - the Christening was last summer - I did not receive any gift, but I think the idea of a framed photo is a lovely one.

i didnt get emilys god parents anything :|

i got her dress from a little shop on the market (it wasnt cheap though)

mamas and papas sell gorgeous christening outfits :)

i don't plan to get the godparents anything for lukes christening. i have to say luke is wearing his tottenham footie kit for his christening!! we are not very traditional at all and it was a compromise with OH as he is not keen on getting luke christened anyway! :oops:

godparents normally buy gifts for the god children tough don't they?

Braydon had an outfit from BHS very cute
i got the god parents a photo frame and inside put pic of Bray and the godparent in it

Thanks so much for all the replies :hug:
You don't have to buy the Godparents anything, and the Godparents don't have to buy the child being christened anything either, it's just a personal choice. I'm really liking the idea of a framed picture, thankyou again for that idea :hug:
Thankyou for the links wend, they are gorgeous :hug: And I'll have to check out Mama's&Papa's Charlotte & Emily, there's one not too far away :D

we didn't have a shawl for Euans christening so instead we bought him embroidered shoes which are available on ebay. If you type in christening shoes it will bring them up alternatively you can go through Google.They are really beautiful and something you can keep forever.x

I bought Thea christening outfit from a shop over the net in America. Because she was 9 months at the time and crawling and walking round the furniture i didnt want a traditional dress and shawl so it was easier for me!
We did buy Thea's god parents anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back