Christening question

Mrsstuart01

Reaction score
We would like to have our LO christened when he turns up but someone mentioned last week we may not be able to as we didn't get arrows in a church. Does anyone have experience of this? I went to church every week until I was 16 but we got married in a civil ceremony as I moved away and didn't feel a commection with the local church. Do you reckon we would still be able to get him christened or just have to settle for a naming ceremony?
Thanks for your help xx

As far as I was aware the only rule about getting your child christened is that both parents and all god parents have to have been christened x

My church is a friends dad, we where lucky as only I am christend and hubby isn't. The fr Andrew was fab and let us get married there. Im going to ask him about god parents as the friend I would love to ask isn't. She can't have kids. So I know it would mean the world to her
Think it all depends on the church this one is c of e. I'm christend Methodist. And went to catholic schools.

My LO is getting christened at a church @ the end of the month. I haven't even attended it. Lol sounds terrible. My mum and and nan have gone a couple of times x

Apologies for any typos!

My step sister who never goes to church has had all 3 of her's christened, I would double check with the vicar he will be able to tell you :)

xxx

I think if it's Church of Scotland Mrs Stuart, it's just that one or both parents and any godparents have to themselves have been christened, but I know my mum's church wouldn't be too strict about this. I've only been to a catholic christening lately and that was really strict in that way - I think that's where the 'can't do it unless you were married there' kind of thing comes in. I would say it depends what church you want to get it done in xx

I was wandering if we would be able to get LO christened since we're not actually married, although we're both christened. Anybody know>? Sorry to hijack x

I think the same applies if you're Not married, just speak to the local minister/vicar seems to be the advice! Xx

It totally depends on the church. My LO is getting christened next week, and their are no rules about her godparents. We attend church, and our minister wouldn't do a LO last year who's folks didn't attend, but one of the other C of S ministers in the town did.

Xxx

We went to a christening recently where the parent weren't married and my dad was godfather and it atheist so it really depends on the church x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Good thread mrsstuart

think I might look into this with our local minister now then I know whats what (if indeed we will christen minion) hubby and I are both christened but havny actually talked abou it

also what age can you get then christened from any age?xx

Think anytime, I've seen christenings from a couple of months. We will prob do it before the 6 month mark anyway xx

This is defo something i need to look into aswell as i would love to get LO christened as we all are in the family and would be nice to carry on at least one tradition x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back