Christening gown

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by glowing, Jun 25, 2013.

1. glowing

glowing Well-Known Member

I have been to town today with our christening gown that is 40 years old used for my sister and my christening. It needs a few alterations new elastic in puffed sleeves and the collar needs sorting plus new buttons. I have picked some lace for the sleeves to replace the lace that wasn't very nice. costing £15 for lace and alterations. My mother was showing me pictures of me in it so nice that the munchkin will have a vintage gown to wear. If a girl I can embellish a bit more.:)

2. Ella1979

Ella1979 Well-Known Member

It's lovely to use a family heirloom! My LO wore the same christening gown as me and my sister did - my mum made it from her wedding dress. It was really wonderful for her to wear it and she looked absolutely gorgeous.

3. babyslog

babyslog Well-Known Member

Awww :)

My mum had the bottom of her wedding dress made into a christening gown for us.. But my dad was against any of us ever getting christened.
    She has still kept it tho and its beautiful.
    xx

4. glowing

glowing Well-Known Member

Will put a pic on once done. My OH mum had his romper suit and cape which are just as cute so have a choice.