choking

Squiglet

Reaction score
lil miss eats really well... as long as the food is pureé smooth but not runny and warm (she won't entertain yogurts or ice cream _ must be the only baby in the world :roll: )... she has a very specific likes on her foods... she likes to feed herself and I often give her a slice of toast, some rusk, but she always chokes, then ends up vomiting if she eats anything more substantial than a smooth pureé...but she enjoys it all the same till she throws up that is.... I remember Tia was the same, but for the life of me I cannot remember what I did 8 years ago... so I'm looking for ideas as to ways of preparing food or types of food (not banana it makes her terribly constipated) which would aid our transistion... I'm not opposed to hard work and I'm far more stubborn than lil miss :rotfl: so any advice would be appreciated...thank you :hug: :hug:

I haven't started weaning LO yet so not claiming to be an expert but I read that avocados would be good - aren't they grown in Spain?

can you try the slow transition to mashed food? kyran still heaves on lumps. its taken me a month for him to take a couple mouthfuls of soft lumps. if he can squish it with his gums then it goes down ok. if its a hard lump it will definitely reappear. Im a bit nervous of giving him finger food. stupid but as soon as i see a big chunk go in his mouth im petrified of him choking.

what about mashed potato? thats still smooth but you can make it with a more mashed rather than puréed texture? Its a hard one isnt it? i guess we'll both have to keep trying till one day the lumps stay down! ha! i'll count the days down with you! Im looking forward to not scrubbing baby sick off everything!! including kyran and myself! :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back