Choking during the night

PinkPunch

Reaction score
DS has had a bad cold and chesty thing so the doc gave him antibiotics last week. But he finished them yesterday and he's still bad at night. He coughs and chokes throughout the night and doesn't breathe for a few seconds, it's awful :(

I use a saline nasal spray but that doesn't last long and it's not fixing the actual problem. Any ideas??

go back to the docs if he isn any better. have u got the head of his cot raised to drain fluid away from his head and chest?

Strip him to just his vest and next time you have a steaming hot bath sit him in the bathroom with you. The steam will help break down the mucus.
Hope he's feeling better soon xx

go back to the docs if he isn any better. have u got the head of his cot raised to drain fluid away from his head and chest?

Yes I've propped a folded towel under the mattress at his head. Think I will have to take him back, don't know what else they can do though? Would allergies make him like this?

Are you breast feeing? If so my mw said to squirt some breats milk up there nose if they got a cold its better than the saline spray

Rósa;1914897 said:
Are you breast feeing? If so my mw said to squirt some breats milk up there nose if they got a cold its better than the saline spray

Seriously? you would need a good aim! I could do that but seems unnatural lol. They recommend breast milk for everything.. Chapped nipples.. Gunky eyes.. Dry skin.. Is there anything this stuff cant do?!

Stand in hot shower with him. This actually helped my son to get rid of all the mucous. Also buy humidifer. I always put it on with some olbus oil..that really helped my son during the night..goodluck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back