Coughs

LisaJ1986

Reaction score
We all have really bad, painful coughs that are quite uncomfortable for all of us! (Mine started when i took a mouthful of tea! Spray everywhere!!!) Anyway, is there anything i can give her for it? We went to this meeting at the GP and i know they're putting the age up on the Tixylix coughs and cold syrups to 1 yr.
We just had a fab night last night that almost got ruined by her coughing so bad that she was struggling to breathe.

If her cough is really bad that she is struggling to catch her breath I would take her to the doc (Nursie head on........). Is she coughing anything up?

Kim x x x x x

No, not being sick or anything. Both me and her dad are like it too, probably from her cold. But i was just worried that she wasn't breathing. Then she'd take a breath and do it all over again.

Probably best to get her checked. She may have a chest infection and need antibiotics. You could phone NHS 24/Direct.

Kim x x x

Thanks. I'll give her an hour as she sounds ok at the mo. OH just brought her down for me. But if she does it again i'll ring NHS coz my doctors won't fit me in now. You have to call at 8.30 :?

Tixylix should be fine, it doesn't contain anything such as paracetemol etc, it's just glycerol. We gave it to Luke last week and it seemed to help. It just soothes the throat really.

Ah thanks. Strange, this woman was going on about how they're putting the ages up and stuff. Coz one baby a year is overdosed or something! :?
She doesn't seem too bad this morning so i may just get some of that stuff. Her chest doesn't sound rattly or anything.

That's with the CalCold and CalCough they sell. They contain paracetamol and are going up to 3+ years. They're in the process of changing the packaging now.

I think she must be trying to just freak us out then! She was advising us to give our kids the supermarket version of Calpol instead of the actual brand. That all cough medicine was going up to 2 or 3 years etc.
Grr, pleased i ask here! Lol.

Just check what they have in them hun. Glycerol is nothing bad at all. It's more of a soother. xx

DebbieM said:
Just check what they have in them hun. Glycerol is nothing bad at all. It's more of a soother. xx

That's what i've got. Tixylix. Didn't know which to get. One said non-drowsy the other had a sleeping baby on the front! Guess which we got?! :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back