child care

i absolutly didnt mean that its wrong to stay at home with your child, i was just trying to say that its wrong if you WANT to go back to work but cant cuz its too expensive with childcare.
I would love to spend alot of time with Noa and im not looking at going back to work more then 16 hours a week and thats first when he is around 10 month.

I don't think anyone thought that's what you meant hon x I certainly didn't x I know what you mean about it not being fair for people who want to work but can't afford childcare x

I didn't think you meant that at all :)

Intersting to see everyones plans. I think it is a very individual thing really. I live 600 miles away from any of my family and will struggle to find family to help out but have some fab friends who are more than willing to help out. im so lucky that my friend(although i wouldnt say she was a bessie friend) is very trustworthy and flexible to help (although obv i will pay her!!) i work shift patterns and she is happy for the earlier morning drop off's. I need to go back to work as i also have 2 step children (who we see most weekends and holidays) who we also have to support finacially-least not to say a LEACH of an ex wife but thats a whole different story!!! Like alot of girls have said its very individual and up to you if u wanna go back to work or not. hope u all well today xx

Yeah it is interesting to see what people do, isobel you nutter no one thought that's what ya meant, I'm fully agreeing with you inthe fact that it's easier to stay at home than try and afford childcare. I also would like my child to interact with other children, but can't afford the joys of nursery! Lol it's gonnabe hard but everyone seems to manage, like jj said if you have to be on a tight budget, you just make do with what you have in front of you. Anyone technically can do it. I can't wait to see how it pans out!! X

Baby and toddler groups can be a good way to not only meet other parents but also to give baby the chance to mingle with other kids without the cost of nursery! Now if only I could get up the confindence to go to one! Lol

yeah finaces will be tight i feel alot of baked beans on toast coming on!!!xx

With my first I went back to work full time when she was 8 months, didn't really have much of a choice or i don't reckon I would have had a job to go back to due to contract ending, competetive interviews etc. I was offered a job on £7,500 more than my previous salary so just had to take it. I would of done anything I could to be a stay at home mum but we just couldn't afford it. Luckily my in laws were able to have her 3 days a week and we put her in nursery for 2 days a week once she was 10 months. It was tough but tbh she has had the best of both worlds and she is a very content child and the time we do have together each morning/evening is very precious and my weekends are focused on family. My HV has told me not to feel guitly about having to work full time as she is a very well rounded child who is extremely independent and knows she is a loved and adored child. I am hoping to have more time off this time around and will somehow make it work that I only go back part time. I think with two things certainly become a lot more tricky with co-ordinating school and nursery pick ups! Just to add we were paying £365 a month in nursery fees just for 2 full days care and we got no help off the government with fees!

I def think its down to personal choice and theres no right or wrong about what is best.....I am however looking forward to being a stay at home mam again but def agree that we as individuals still need something for ourselves, hobbies, social time out etc as you can go stir crazy at times lol!!

One of the reasons I was a stay at home with DD was also that the nursey fees were going to take a massive proportion of my part time hours in fees so it wasnt worth it as we werent entitled to any financial help either Laura...but when I did go back to work I went back full time and she also loved the interaction being with other children more than when I was at home with her although we did a couple of mother and toddler groups, a church group and a group at our local leisure centre....like I said its horse for courses isnt it what suits one person isnt always right for the next xx

helen 123, i dont know much about mother and todler groups....enlighten!! i want to go! lol x

If you speak to your midwife she should be able to give you some places that hold baby and toddler groups. They're basically a meeting of parents with babies or toddlers, the place they're held will provide toys and soft play etc so the children can play and mix together and the mums can have a chat whilst watching the kids. They're free to attend as far as I'm aware. It's a good way to meet other parents and children.

a lot are held at sure start buldings and they do different activities like baby yoga messy play etc

I am in the position where I have to go back to work as I am the main earner in our house. If push comes to shove then OH works 9-3 and its temporary so he may stay at home after I go back. Personally I think he woluld love it but it has just come to light we haven't been claiming benefits when we could have so I am hoping things aren't going to be too bad.

Hi girls, just caught up with this and its so interesting to hear everyones plans.
I'm hoping to be a stay at home mom, just need to assess if we can afford it?!
Interested to know those of you who aren't planning to go back to work... Have you told them yet or will you just give them a months notice at the end of your mat leave?

wow im begining to feel quite lucky on this front as my SIL is a childminder. :D Dispite our recent arguements she appologised and we spent the day together today and it was great. :D Really getting there now. Won't send my LO there full time as would prefer it to be somewhere where it wont be favoritised and spoilt rotten. but good for emergency days :p although as i work term time only i get the equivilent of a year off paid 38 weeks maternity and 6 week holiday ish will only actually be about 6 weeks of the year i dont get paid and they'll all be spread out. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back