Chickenpox has got her!!!

So_hopeful81

Reaction score
My daughter has decided that today was the best time to start popping spots out over her tummy, back and neck! I am guessing that this is a good thing - fingers crossed its all done before Christmas! I'm slightly confused though as she doesn't seem particularly unwell. She's not really herself at the moment, but she's not as ill as I have seen her being in the past.
My sister has said that the first day of spots isn't the worst point... She thinks it may get worse. Has anyone got any ideas?

It's the run up to the spots that's the worst. This is when the virus hits the immune system and the spots are the immune system dealing with it. She's very young though isn't she? The younger kids are when they get it the less ill they are I think about 4 is the ideal time from what I've seen. My nephew was 4 and had no other symptoms apart from the fact that he thought he was turning into a chicken :D. Just stockpile the calamine hun xxxxxxxxxx

Oh and get some porridge oats to put in her bath, the milky water it makes is great to soothe the itching xxxxxxxx

Thomas was 4 when he had his and we didn't know he had it coming never showed any signs That he was getting it until the spots developed then he suffered a bit with the itching as they were every where xx

when my kids had it we gave them piriton as it stops the itching x

How's she doing hope? Have many spots come out? Spoke to my mum last night and she said once the scabs go to get her some vitamin e cream to stop any scarring xxxxxxxxxx

Spots are still appearing - I feel so sorry for her. She's got them in her foof and inbetween her little bottom cheeks, as well as in her ears and all sorts of other places!!! Poor little girl! I feel so sorry for her. She woke up last night an was just so tearful and clingy! I can't wait for her to get rid of them! Xxx
Thank you for the vitamin cream advice. I am so hoping that she doesn't scar too much! Xxxxx

Luckily with young skin the scars fade massively. Sudocreme will do her foof and bum cheeks good hunny, it's antiseptic and healing.

Bless her but at least it's this weekend and not next weekend. It should be all over by Christmas xxxxxxxxxxxx

Oooo I so hope so! She's already missing her visit to Santas grotto this morning, and that with the fact that she's desperate to I and play in the park but I have to keep telling her that she can't incase others are there, I think she is going to have lost it by next weekend if she's still stuck in!!! Sad little bubbaloo and sad mummy here!!!! X

:( bless her. On the plus side best she gets it before LO is here. Am sure she'll be spoilt rotten to make up for it though :D xxxxxxxx

sorry to hear ur little gir is suffering with chicken pox, my son had it when he just turned 2 and he got them everywere in little creases in the skin bum, bits etc...chemist recommended the aqueous-calamine cream as it much better then normal calamine and they say that when u bath them u can put this cream on them as a wash which helps with the itching too, and it helped loads with my little un!! hope she is better soon :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back