• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chickenpox and Babies

kay126

Reaction score
Yesterday my 3 month old was around his baby cousin (6 months old) who has today been diagnosed with chicken pox (it all came out in the night). A lot of people handled the babies and at one stage the babies were sat right next to eachother, they were in the same room for about 5 hours sat on the same sofa for most the day so of course im worried that LO will develop it!

Anyone had any experience of a young baby getting chicken pox? A first time worried mum here!

Does the other baby have the rash out? if so I don't think you can catch chicken pox once the rash is out, the person is infectious only when the rash isn't present

Last edited:
he didnt have the rash at all yesterday, it all came out overnight

Here is the link to the nhs info on chickenpox, I have just had a quick scan but by the sounds of it you should only be particularly worried if you baby is under 4weeks, or has a particularly weak immune system. I'd say keep an eye on him and take him the Docs if he starts to get any symptoms. Hope he is ok xxx

http://www.cks.nhs.uk/patient_information_leaflet/chickenpox

As far as i'm aware - chicken pox is contageous before the rash appears so I would definitely get a doctors appointmet. Even if it's just to put your mind at ease :)

thanks for the info/link girls, its nearly been a week since LO was exposed to it so it could come out anyday now if he has got it, the last week he has been so restless and grotty i think hes either having a growth spurt or he has contracted the virus :-( i hope not xxx

oh no :( have you been checking his temperature?

His temperature has been fine so far, its hard to explain but its more his temperament that's changed, he's whingey, restless, eating less but more frequently and his food is coming up a lot more however he acts like that during growth spurts so I'm not sure :-S

I was actually talking about getting Cam to catch them! Want it out of the way before he learns how to scratch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back