Chicken pox

jo33

Reaction score
Hi, its been a while since ive been on the forum but last week i had a complete panic.
My husband caught chicken pox so i imediatley got very angry with him (how dare he catch it now of all times!).
Thankfully ive had chicken pox as a child so have been told by my gp and midwife i have nothing to worry about. Unfortunatly because my husband is still contagious he couldnt come with me to the 12 week scan which i had this morning. He was so disapointed although i made sure i got a few photos to show him.
I ve been reading about chicken pox in pregnancy and have read that some women have had it again even though theyve had it as a child-has this happened to anyone? I must say though my doctors were pretty good and did a blood test straight away to see if i was immune to it which thankfully i was.
Just wondered if anyone has had similar.

Men :roll:

Just can't get the timing can they?!

At least tis means that if your little one gets it in a few yrs you haven't got 2 kids to luck after! :lol:

No seriously... that's such a shame that he missed the scan.

Hope he gets better soon, he should be looking after you! :D

I am sad for him as hes been so excited about the baby and i would have loved him to have been there. My patience is running thin though you would think hes dying- if i hear anymore "but i itch sooo much " i think i may do something ill regret!
i think he would have been more dissapointed if he would miss the 20wk scan. Hes in isolation at the moment- and dont i know it.

:rotfl:

So man chicken pox beats man flu?!

I have actually heard that chicken pox is worse in adults... good luck with it though!

Chicken pox can be dangerous in adults, but.............

Good job he only missed the scan, my sister's BF missed the birth last year due to chicken pox, I had to be her birthing partner!!!!! That would be sad to miss that......

Hope he feels better soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back