chicken pox question...

masonowen

Reaction score
Not supposed to be here for a couple more days, but sneaking in a question no one in tri one seems to no.. My niece has got a rare form of chicken pox, ( she's getting big lumps instead of spots). Her sister got them ( normal ones) when I was preg with my second and I had an injection coz I,ve never had them
I,ve not been in contact with her, but my boys and oh have. Do I need another injection, or am I covered?

Last edited:
Defo a question ya need to be askin ur MW or doc hun cos dont wanna take any chances xxx

Chicken pox are contagious so I would def call midwife as you may be at risk :|

Thanks I will do. I no if I,ve had them then it's not a prob, but just wondering coz it's a different kind.

hey hun is it shingles by any chance? cuz i've had that and chicken pox a few times it's very dangerous for pregnant women and newborns because when i had it last (about 3 years ago) my cousin was born (he was 15 week premature) and i couldnt see him because i could basically kill him deffo speak to doctors because they can recommend something!

all the best xxx

just found this on wikipedia hun

Typically, the disease is more severe in adults.[4] Chickenpox is rarely fatal, although it is generally more severe in adult males than in adult females or children. Non-immune pregnant women and those with a suppressed immune system are at highest risk of serious complications. Chickenpox is believed to be the cause of one third of stroke cases in children.[5] The most common late complication of chickenpox is shingles, caused by reactivation of the varicella zoster virus decades after the initial episode of chickenpox.

Thank you for that. My niece has been to another doc and she,s actually had an allergic reaction to a virus she,s had. The second doc is surprised the first thought it was chicken pox. Thanks again xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back