Chewing fingers

traci

Reaction score
Alice is constantly chewing her fingers this last week. So much so that she's making herself gag! What can I do to stop her or is it just a phase? My mum did say her gums might be starting to get tender

Sounds like shes possibly teething hunny, have you tried a teething toy? X x

Kynon does this too, a few times he's stuck a finger too far and gagged. Don't think he's teething tho as he likes to suck his fist and think he's just exploring, babies use their mouths for this so could just be she's found her mouth, they like to taste things as well as touch, just keep her hands clean and offer toys to chew on like m2a suggested. I've found Kynon still prefers his hand tho as he hasn't learnt to hold a toy really yet!

id reccomend chilled tething toys, i also rubbed my los gums with a damp muslin cloth which he really liked. deffo sounds like teething...i swear by the herbal nelsons powders too xx

I give her toys but she hasnt worked out how to hold them properly yet. She's been thru everything in the last few weeks, colic, thrush, a cold and cradle cap. It would be nice for her to have a break before the next onset!

i got a nuby teething ring and used to hold it for my lo as he too was only a few months and obvisouly didnt have the co-ordination but seemed to enjoy chomping on it while i held it for him

Hmmm...looks like I'd better invest in a teether then!

Our LO is doing this too! The really frustrating thing is that she can't really hold anything in her hands to chew on lol, we're not that developed yet lol. She is quite happy to chew on my little finger though so we're sticking to that for now. If she were happily chewing away I'd say she was just enjoying her hands but her gums really seem to bother her sometimes so I think it's her teeth growing in her gums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back