Chest Infection

jld123

Reaction score
ladies i think i have a chest infection, im in so much pain.

is there anything i can take????

i will have to try and gt a docs appointment in the morning, until then im really suffering here. has anyone had this while pregnant?

nope not had that before but a would say if it was that bad a would fone 24hr midwife or even nhs24 x

I suffer with chest infections but haven't had one since I've been pregnant... (So far FX) I generally just take some pain killers and have a hot drink til I can get to the docs.... Hope you're ok! x

I had full blown flu and bad chest in tri 2....all I took was paracetamol and soothers :-( Have another cold and bad chest coming on now...it sucks!! Hope you feel better soon x

normally i wouldnt panic, but its hard to breath and im really hot and just dont feel myself. i called nhs direct and am waiting for my out of hours doctor to call. im such a worrier!

normally i wouldnt panic, but its hard to breath and im really hot and just dont feel myself. i called nhs direct and am waiting for my out of hours doctor to call. im such a worrier!

Hope everythings ok! And NHS give you a call back soon... :hug: x

thanks, its probably all fine and im just overreacting, but im on my own so i panic.
xx

I hope you don't have to wait too long for your call back and are feeling better soon, it's a horrible feeling when you can't get your breath x

they called, and she said she could hear my shortness of breath over the phone and that it does sound like a chest infection but she would like me to go to hospital so they can listen to my chest, take my temp and to check the baby isnt in stress. got an appointment at my local hospital at 10.30 tonite! better get sorted x

Last edited:
im back!! how quick was that :D.

it is a chest infection and baby is fine. i have anti biotics, aparently its fine to take amoxcyllin while preggie; So i popped to asda and got them and have just taken my first one. hopefully will feel better asap!

yep ive had 2 since being pregnant :( 1st time they put me on steroids and antibiotics i was that bad second time antibiotics and the steroid inhaler plus my blue inhaler i used steam to help too

I have just finished my amoxycillin for a chest infection...although its not completely gone yet :(

Tips for a bit of relief
Honey, lemon and cider vinegar drink : Aquirt of honey in a cup with juice of half a lemon ish and a splash of cider vinegar, topped up with boiling water (you can do it without the vinegar if you like but it really seemed to help when I added it....and it doesnt taste as bad as you might think lol)

hot drinks - generally help to soothe things a bit

paracetomol for pain as normal

i found ice cream helped give me a bit of relief after I had been coughing badly ...and tasty too

apparently gaggling salt water helps...but i didnt fancy this as my gag reflex is a bit sensitive at the mo lol

nice hot bath, and breathing in steam can help too :)

hope you feel better soon, mine knocked me out completely, but Im starting to feel more human now

im on day two of the antibiotics and am feeling a bit of relief from them. Its mainly at night and in the mornings when i feel my worst. Ive been drinking green tea with lemon which is yummy and very soothing. i had some mint choc chip icecream last night which really soothed my throat and chest!

Havent tried the steam thing, how would i go about it? I dont want to hover my face over the kettle and burn myself lol

lol............stay away from the kettle :)

get yourself a bowl, fill it with boiling water (you can add a bit of vix if you need it...or i have been putting abit of lemon in ) then pop your head over the bowl, you can make it more intense by putting a towel over your head and the bowl

hope you keep feeling better

also hope you are sleeping better than me, I think I had about an hour a night through the worst of it, every time i dropped off the cough would get worse and worse (it was so bad it actually made me sick :( )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back