chemical pregnancy

Sunflower

Reaction score
Hi girls - what is a chemical pregnancy - i keep hearing it but dont know what it is thxs

Its where you are briefly pregnant, but then the pregnancy fails very early on, usually within the first few days of when your period would normally have been due.

you get a positive pregnancy test as the embryo implants so HCG is produced, but for whatever reason the pregnancy does not continue. basically an early miscarriage.

hope that helps

So.. does that mean that if you test too early and its positive and then test again say a week later and it isn't positive anymore, then you have had a chemical pregnancy? But if you don't test early then you'll never actually know if you have had one or not? :think:

ShineyHappyPeople said:
So.. does that mean that if you test too early and its positive and then test again say a week later and it isn't positive anymore, then you have had a chemical pregnancy? But if you don't test early then you'll never actually know if you have had one or not? :think:

Thats correct yes. When I had a chemical pregnancy I got a BFP on the Sunday and the Monday then on the Monday night AF arrived, had I not tested early I would have just thought that I was having a really heavy period.

that can be the case, although you don't necessarily have to have tested early for it to apply.

I tested BFP mon,tues,wed, thur, fri. Af was due on the monday/tuesday but arrived on the thursday although my tests were still showing positive on the friday as the HCG had not dropped enough yet for it not to be detected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back