cheesed off

kellylou

Reaction score
After finding out we were having a boy we really struggled with boys names and we both decided on alex now i thought it would be nice to call him alexander william s full name but will be known as alex my mum asked me today if we had thought about names so stupidly i told her and she pulled a face as if it is a bad name what do u all think his anitil would be Awl

Your mum sounds just like my mum! No way am I telling her any names she'll just spoil it! Alexander William is a lovley name so take no notice of her x

Its a lovely name, My mum is the same every name we came up with for our daughters she would say oooh no dont like that and it really put me off this time im not telling her anything we r keeping it a secret from everyone so no1 can make comments, take no notice Alexander william is a good solid name for your baby x

It's a lovely name! I love it! When we told OH's mum that we'd chosen Sebastian she pulled her face but I didn't care! We loved it and that's what mattered!

It's a lovely name , both names actually and this initials look just fine to me, don't worry about your mums comments, My mum hates the name Devon, (she lives in cornwall!) but tough, our babies!

My godson is Alexander William and I love it!! He's known as Alex too - I have no idea why your mum wouldn't like it?!

me either but suppose its our choice and thats what we want xthanks girlies u have cheered me up

My mum is just like that, i've told her names i like in the past and she pulls faces and starts making her own suggestions. I think the initials AWL are quite cute, a little awl.

Hey I think Alexander William is lovely. Some people say - you shouldnt call them like Samuel if youre just going to call them Sam. But I disagree, I like to give them the full name and then they and you have a choice. I really like Isabella for a girl and like that she could be Issy or Bella etc.
Take no notice of others, I have found this too, people screw their face up, even mums and dads and say 'ow i dont like that, you cant call it that' Well yes we can lol. I think what a lot of ladies have said is right, wait until LO is here and theres nothing they can do about it xx

JJMum - I teach a little boy called Devon, he is lovely. I love it xx

I dunno...

I made the same mistake when i was in the car with half my family and they all pulled their faces at my favourite names.

I hate the thought of my childs immediate family not liking it's name.

I ended up going through my entire baby name list and admittedly the names that got at least some approval, went higher in the list.

So now my list is kind of a balance between how much me and OH like a name and the reception it got from my family - i know it shouldn't be like that, but i do like having my families appproval i suppose.

I really like the name hon and I think u stick with it when u like it - believe me when ur mum's grandson is here she will be so in love with him that this will all become a non issue x x x

I wouldnt worry about it! If you love it then go for it. My family love the name we have chosen but we have had some comments from OH family... OH WELL! Its not their child x

We knew we'd struck gold with the name Blake when we told our parents and siblings and everyone went "ooh I like that!". At long bloody last!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back