Cheese Allergy?

mandspice

Reaction score
Well I think I can safely say that Dexter and cheese don't get along....he has been sick 3 times now after trying cheese.

Is this likely to be an allergy or just a bad reaction to something rich? Til this week he's only had fruit, veg and porridge. The cheese was in a lentil and veg concoction I made. He's fine with milk as he's been formula fed since birth and also butter seems fine, he's had some bean casserole with butter in it.....any ideas whether it's something he may grow out of or is he destined to avoid cheese forever? Does it mean he could be allergic / intolerant to other similar foods? Oh yes, he has also had scrambled egg and was fine with that.

My qus may seem a bit obvious but I'm a bit clueless on allergies and intolerances so would value your experience! x

Not sure, cheese is quite rich. Was it a mild one? If he's ok with other dairy I'd be inclined to leave it a while before trying him on it again. I should think if he's ok with milk, eggs and butter it would be pretty unlikely to be an allergy. :D

caitlyn was exactly like this, she had some cheese of my jacket potatoe and was sick everywhere, so i left it a while and recently she has had cheesy mash and cheese on toast and been fine with them,.

My little brother had a cheese allergy for a while - it would make him sick but he grew out of it.

I'd say leave cheese out for a month or so then try again and see what happens :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back