Charlie refusing milk and breakfast??? 9 months old

mdsremos

Reaction score
Charlie for the past few days has been refusing to drink his milk (same milk he has been on since 12 weeks - SMA Staydown for refulx) in the morning, only having 2 ounces this morning and when I mixed the rest with his weetabix he turned his nose up at it and kept trying to knock the spoon out of my hands!

Last night he also only had 2oz of milk at bedtime which is really unusual when he was regulary having upto 7oz at night and about 5-6oz in the morning. This has been reducing over the last few days.

He is having the same amount of food during the day so its not as though he is eating too much and feeling full which would mean no room for milk and he is a speed crawler and doesnt sit still so I am getting worried that for a start he isnt having anywhere near the recommended pint of milk a day and the fact that he isnt eating as much as he used to full stop! I have introduced a fromage frais instead of a small desert with one of his daytime meals so he isnt missing entirely on his calcium but really dont know what else to do.

I wouldnt worry Ewan went like this around the same time, and has just been through a similar pahse of not wanting any food at all.

He could be teething and the bottle is sore on his gums. this is when i had probs with ewan

Same here, Tias only 9 weeks and started teething early poor mite. She was regularly taking anything from 5-7oz 5 times a day as shes been going through the night from 2 weeks. But the past few days she has only been taking 2 0r 3 which is very unlike her and today she has come out with a stinking cold and totally bunged up and is quite poorly with it. It could be teeth or it could be baby is sickening for something :( xxxx

yep same her ellis has gone from 6-7 ounces to 2 cos he is teething.

is he showing any other teething signs hun xxxx

He had his first tooth at the bottom come through about 2 weeks ago so I am sure there will be more to follow. He is a little grumpy at times but I think that might be just a phase cos he wants to do stuff all the time and gets so frustrated at trying to walk and stand up.

Used a faster flow teat last night for his milk and he happily took 6oz but this morning I noticed he had been really sick in the night so used the no.3 teat he usually has this morning and he took all 6oz and was alot happier with a few spoons of cereal...think he is just testing me at the moment and will just have to go with the flow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back