Charity shops

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
Im not sure if this belongs here....

I went to the cancer research shop today and bought a couple of lovely things. They have 60% off some of their gift items so i bought a nappy stacker (stripey, yellow with a'lion' head and arms) for £4 (was £10) and a knitted teddy for £3 (was £8 ). its the first teddy ive bought for LO :D :D

Just thought I'd share this as they have some lovely gifts. They are made by cancer research so they arent second hand either (not that there is anything wrong with second hand goods :wink: )

I love Cancer Research new goods :D

And in another charity shop today I bought 2 pairs of Osh Kosh dungarees for 25p each! :cheer:

I love a good rummage me :wink:

25p minxy! thats a bargin i am sick of charity shops now as they are sooo over priced £4.50 for a baby pair of jeans its cheaper for new in asda

I bought 10 ladybird books for £1 yesterday in Mind charity shop...

cloud9 said:
I bought 10 ladybird books for £1 yesterday in Mind charity shop...

That's excellent...I used to buy myself paperback books in charity stores (I read so much, especially in the summer that it seems pointless spending £6.99 in Waterstones on them!). Anyway I used to be able to get 3 books for £1 in the ones in town...now they are "individually" priced and are roughly £1.10 each! It's crazy to me, surely if they just got 10p per book it would help their charity/cause etc. I've stopped looking in them since, a lot of their stuff is (in my opinion) overpriced now and can be found cheaper (esp. clothing) in places like ASDA or Tesco etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back