changing jobs when pregnant

muppetmummy

Reaction score
I'm currently 5 weeks pregnant and I'm looking for a new job cos I hate my current one with a passion!
Am I right in thinking that if I would only get the basic SMP from my current employer, I wouldn't be any worse off financially, or lose any maternity leave by changing employers and claiming Maternity Allowance instead? Am I also right in thinking that my new employer would still have to offer me my job back at the end of maternity leave?
I live in Scotland if that makes any difference. It all seems to have changed hugely since I had James.

I am in exactly the same situation. I've been having a look around and from what I can see the only difference is that with SMP you get the first six weeks at 90% of your salary before going down to the £112 a week for the remainder of the 39 weeks. With Maternity allowance you only get the £112 for the whole 39 weeks.

Thanks for that info! Sounds like it wouldn't affect me too much as I only work 21 hours a week at the moment :D

hello im currently on sick leave from my current employer but he is very unreasonable and i dont want to return to my current job the thing is im 5 months pregnant would i be able to get a new job at this stage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back