Chances/Odds

xA-Mx

Reaction score
Okay aside from my earlier question, assuming I'm not pregnant I wondered if I could have some opinions..

I would like to know what you think my chances of concieving are..

I am almost 19 years old, and yes that is young but thats besides the point.

I have regular menstural cycles, nothing abnormal about them, they always come at the right time, I don't drink, I don't smoke, however I wouldn't say I have the healthiest diet on the planet, but I'm not overweight, I'm 6'0 exactly and I weigh just under 12 stone.

I know it varies from person to person but assuming I don't have any ovulating problems, or reasons why I can't concieve, then is there a fairly high chance of pregnancy?? I keep getting worried that because I want a child so bad, thats it not going to happen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You in advance.

heya firstly welcome to the forum :wave: you not young theres a few 18/17yr olds on here!!!

As for you fertilty it varies greatly from person to person, but the one thing that effects everyone is worrying about it!! those who relaxed and jsut enjoyed sex without oh must try for baby found it easier to concieve! (badly worded but think you get the idea!)

basically the mre you worry the harder it becomes, daft as that may sound!

,but your young so I dont see why you should ahve any problems!

good luck :hug:

Agree with storm. You have no problems, a nice regular cycle, so things look good for you. They say on average it takes 6 months to a year to fall, but some ladies are quicker, some are slower. Its just getting that timing right, so try to have sex every other day from say day 10 to 18 if you have nice regular 28 day cycles and you cant go wrong really. Good luck :hug:

:wave: i'm 17, 18 in 10days. so don't worry! you're not young.

everyone on here is lovely anyway :)

Thank Youuu.

I was expecting this huge.. ''OMG your 18 , your going to ruin your life and your baby's life.''

But imo at the end of the day, NOONE is ready to become a parent until it actually happens, and I have a brilliant family, who would be there for me if I ever needed them.
As I said, I don't drink or smoke, so I would say I'm fairly healthy. Two of my friends have just had little boys, and they concieved first time. I'm hoping it comes sooner than later, and I hope there is no reason why me and my bf can't conceive.

Waiting for a load of ovulation and preg tests to arrive, so I can get on with it!

Nope Im 17 too! I turn 18 in 8 days!

So your not the youngest ttc'er! Holly is! :moon:

Only joking holly!

Welcome to the madhouse! Hope you have fun here!

xx

i'm only the youngest by a few days :wink:

hehe.

good luck xA-Mx.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

odds are on your side as u dont smoke and ur young, only thing is have u been screened for STI's? when i was young i didnt care about STI's that may cause infertility- i just thought bonus, dont need to take the pill :roll: i was stupid. anyway i did end up getting chlamydia and mustve had it for at least 6 years (as i'd been with my boyf that long when i found out) i didnt know because it was symptomless. only way i found out was my daughter had an eye infection that wouldnt clear up- found out it was chlamydia, which she had caught from me :cry: thats the WORST way EVER to find out u have an STI :(

anyway looks like i was very lucky as i conceived twice without even TTC, but chlamydia can lead to infertility for some less lucky folk.

'tis worth getting checked, even if u only had unprotected sex once- it only takes once!

good luck with TTC :hug:

hiya, and welcome. only you know if you are at the right age and you sound as if you do so good luck :hug:

I'm only 23. Married at 21. People just LOVE telling you their opinions on why you are different. If you feel ready to have a child then go for it! Sod everyone else.

"They" reckon that for people in their 20s with no health problems the chance of conceiving each month is roughly 25%... I'd recommend fertility friend to help keep track of periods at the very least (I finally caved after 8 months TTC and have started charting CM, CP and will be temping as soon as my thermometer arrives) but as long as you are having sex regularly you are covering all your bases really.

Good luck!!!

there is someone i work with who i think was about 22 when she feel pregnant, had already got married was in a very settled relationship and loads of ppl asked her if it was an accident!!!!! :doh: i can not believe how rude some ppl can be!!! GRRRR

A lot of people assume because you're young you don't know what you want out of life, are still 'finding yourself', having fun, experimenting etc etc. and yes, most people in their 20s probably are. But there are some of us who are lucky enough o have found their love early and know what they want.

My 'career path' has been to be a mother. Ever since I was 12 when people asked what I wanted to do, the only thing I could answer with any certainty was that I wanted to start a family. A lot of people think it's weird but they're people not worth having in my life...

buddabun said:
My 'career path' has been to be a mother. Ever since I was 12 when people asked what I wanted to do, the only thing I could answer with any certainty was that I wanted to start a family. A lot of people think it's weird but they're people not worth having in my life...

i actually welled up with that. it was so cute...bless :hug:

franky you big wuss :)

It's true though. I remember seeing 'Juno' and when Jennifer Garner does that "you ever feel you were just born to do something?" speech I thought "hurrah!! it's not just me who feels this way!!".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back