Cervical position

Tillyfloss

Reaction score
Evening all

For the ladies who check their cervical position could you please help?

After ovulation I've read cervix will be low firm and closed, is this true, how long until it moves up again and last how low is " normal "

First time I've had positive opks over weekend and since last night cervix has been closed firm and low,
Low as in, just a little bit in with my finger?! Is that normal?

Thanks

Hi Tilly,
unfortunatley dont know about cervical positions etc but would like too, hope you dont mind me jumping on this thread.

My AF is due Mon and my cervix is v. high and hard - no idea what that means lol! x

Hi! So if it's low and hard you've ovulated. If it gets a little softer and rises slightly, not as high as pre ovulation, you might be pregnant.

It's low if you can touch it with the first section of your middle finger. It will close after ovulation and if pregnancy has occurred.

Last edited:
Thanks I've just got ready for bed and within posting and now about hour and half its moved up I'd say high/medium ( not my mega high) and softer!
It's been very low since yday afternoon
Crazy body, but think it's too early for body to know if I was pregnant surely as implantation wouldn't have happened yet

Thanks I've just got ready for bed and within posting and now about hour and half its moved up I'd say high/medium ( not my mega high) and softer!
It's been very low since yday afternoon
Crazy body, but think it's too early for body to know if I was pregnant surely as implantation wouldn't have happened yet

Hi honey, what dpo are you? It's normal after implantation.

Okay so maybe your cervix hasn't got hard yet, mine only did today and I'm 5dpo. Fx! X

It was really hard for me defo felt like the hard bit of my nose I'll check tomorrow and see what that brings I normally test around mid day and night and record last one on my app

Cervix position etc is a really tricky one as not everyone is the same. The only way to really track anything through cervix position is to check it the same time every day for at least one month, then on the second month you'll know what's normal. For example, apparently the "norm" is for your cervix to be low right before and during AF but mine stays very high.

Also, people talk about a high and soft cervix being a sign of pregnancy, your cervix does apparently go high and soft during pregnancy but that can take several weeks to actually happen.

Just to make things even more complicated, it changes throughout the day, hence needing to check it the same time each day (more or less).

Everything I've read on google says cervix checking is pretty unreliable for confirmation of anything although I find it interesting just to keep an eye on what's going on. I've never been pregnant so maybe if it ever happens I'll notice a difference :)

Implantation typically happens 9-12 days after ovulation although it can happen as early as 4 or 5 days according to the knowledgeable Mr Google - that's quite rare though apparently.

Good luck!

Oh, and if you've had a baby before it's always slightly open apparently. I find it impossible to tell if mine is open or closed, I think due to scar tissue from having cells removed years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back